Thomas fire news: 50% of the massive wildfire along southern California contained

Thomas fire ablaze along the Ventura county Twitter/ Cal Fire

California fire crews were able to contain half of Thomas fire along Ventura and Santa Barbara County. Several evacuation orders in a few number of areas are already lifted.

According to the latest update of the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, aka Cal Fire, 50 percent of the Thomas fire is already contained. Firefighters are always on the ready 24/7 to make sure that the fire does not get out of hand overnight.

Over 8,500 firefighters are deployed to battle the wildfire, which has destroyed over 1,000 structures and engulfed almost 269,000 acres. Several residential properties were turned into ashes including a few multimillion-dollar homes in Montecito

Firefighters are having a hard time along the areas of Santa Barbara and Montecito where the fire is concentrated.

According to reports, firefighters were able to relax for a while when calm winds blew throughout Santa Barbara late Sunday.

Other major wildfires across southern California are already fully contained. So far, Drum fire, Lilac fire, Coast fire, Longhorn fire, and Rye fire are 100 percent contained. Firefighters are close to fully overcoming the Creek fire along the Los Angeles County.

The fire department has lifted a few evacuation notices in a number of areas in the Santa Barbara county and Ventura county.

Cal Fire recently raised Red Flag warnings in areas along eastern California due to dry conditions and high winds.

Meanwhile, few celebrities showed their support to the firefighters as they continue their campaign to extinguish Thomas fire. World-renowned television host Oprah Winfrey tweeted, "God Bless every firefighter and their families. Fighting 3 weeks straight. Still going. Imagine their exhaustion."

Veteran actor Rob Lowe even shared a dinner with the firefighters who helped save his house in Montecito from the wildfire. Lowe posted a photo of firefighters in his kitchen enjoying a meal. Lowe also posted another picture on his Instagram to thank all the fire personnel that have been deployed. "Thank you to all the crews from all over the country who stood tall and saved my town," Lowe wrote.

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.