Who we are
Christian Today is an independent Christian media company, established in 2004. Our main editorial office is in London, with additional staff based in New York. Our reach is global with upwards of 3 million unique hits a month. We are part of cmcigroup.com. Meet the team here.
What we believe
We are evangelical at heart (read our basis of faith here). However we are passionate about bringing the whole Church together and helping Christians of different denominations and groupings to learn from each other. To this end, you will find a range of voices, views and opinion on this site, not all of which will be considered orthodox evangelical.
What we do
We produce daily news, comment and analysis covering the global church and religious affairs, politics, theology, culture and spiritual encouragement.
We aim to be objective and fair in our reporting, rather than sensationalist or polarising. We look to explain why things are happening, and, where relevant, represent a range of Christian opinion.
Why do we do it?
Religious belief is at the heart of much of what is happening in the world but often the positions and beliefs of faith groups (not just Christians) are misrepresented. We believe that a proper understanding of religious belief is key to progress and to peace, both within the Church and outside it.
For our Christian readership, we aim to help them respond to the world in a Christ-like way, and encourage them in their faith.
Basis of Faith
We believe in:
1. The one true God who lives eternally in three persons – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
2. The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
3. The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God – fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
4. The dignity of all people, made male and female in God's image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
5. The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ – born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
6. The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
7. The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
8. The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
9. The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
10. The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers – given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit's gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
11. The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.