Man rescued by firefighters after cementing his head inside a microwave in Wolverhampton, England

West Midlands Fire crews rescuing a man after cementing his head inside a microwave Twitter/ West Midlands Fire Service

An attempt to post a prank video online ended a little different for a 22-year-old man from Fordhouses, Wolverhampton. The man cemented his head into a microwave for a YouTube video and ended up getting rescued by England's fire service department.

Falling Parks Community Fire Station fire crew rushed to the house of the prankster in order to free him. It took the rescuers an hour to fully free the man last Wednesday. According to the fire authorities, peers of the prankster were able to place an air tube into the mouth of the man so he can breathe.

According to Watch Commander Shaun Dakin, "He and a group of friends had mixed seven bags of Polyfilla which they then poured around his head, which was protected by a plastic bag inside the microwave." Dakin added, "As funny as this sounds, this young man could quite easily have suffocated or have been seriously injured.

Dakin explained that the rescuers were cautious in the process because they had to use a screwdriver to remove chunks of Polyfilla close to his head. The firefighters prioritized removing a chunk near his face in order for him to breathe more easily.

The service also had to seek the guidance of their "technical guide colleagues" to fully draw a plan on how to remove the microwave from the man's head safely.

The West Midlands Fire Service were upset and criticized the 22-year-old for his actions. The service took their frustration to Twitter. "We're seriously unimpressed. Five of our firefighters were tied up for an hour this afternoon, freeing a YouTube pranker whose head had been 'cemented' inside a microwave oven."

The man and the group of people involved in the attempted prank apologized for what had happened. The fire service then warned the group not to repeat the said antic.

Adkin said, "this was clearly a call-out which might have prevented us from helping someone else in genuine, accidental need."

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.