Kate Middleton and Prince William visit French embassy to pay tribute to Paris attack victims

Kate Middleton and Prince William visited the French embassy in Knightsbridge, London on Tuesday, Nov. 17, to pay tribute to the victims of the Paris attacks last week. The royal couple was in a somber mood as they signed a book of condolences in memory of those who were killed in the shootings and suicide bombings, which occurred in multiple locations in the City of Lights.

For the visit, the Duchess was dressed in a black Swiss dot skirt suit while the Duke donned a black coat and trousers and paired it with a burgundy tie. The Duchess Kate blog reports that the Duchess previously wore the suit when she signed a book of condolence for Nelson Mandela back in 2013.

The Duke wrote, "To all those who have died and were injured in the heartless attacks in Paris, and to all the people in France: Nos plus sinceres condolences." He then signed his name, and the Duchess added her signature to the message as well. The message translates to "our deep condolences."

It was reported that the couple was greeted by the French ambassador, Sylvie Bermann. The Duchess reportedly asked the ambassador if she personally knew anyone who was affected by the attacks, and the ambassador said that she did not. Bermann spoke with the royals about memorials taking place in France, and the Duke reportedly described the attacks as "truly dreadful." The couple also spoke with the defence attache and the home affairs attache before leaving, and it was reported that they also spoke with embassy staff in the lobby where they offered their condolences.

After their embassy visit, the Duke attended the England vs. France soccer match in an act of solidarity with the French. It was reported that the father of two was not scheduled to attend the game, but decided to attend after the tragic attacks in Paris.

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.