'Taken 4' movie release date, cast: Liam Neeson to star in sequel?

 Taken 3

It has only been a very short while since Liam Neeson returned to the big screen as Bryan Mills, and the Irish actor is already talking about returning to the popular "Taken" franchise for a fourth action-packed film. 

"Taken 3" managed to enter the number one spot at the box office this weekend, earning a handsome amount of $40 million, irrespective of the fact that the loose plot of the film resulted in the film getting struck with terrible reviews. Currently, "Taken 3's" rating stands at an egregious 11 percent on Rotten Tomatoes, but audiences have developed an affinity for action packed films to be too concerned about what critics have to say about the latest entry to theatres. Neeson helped himself to a $20 million paycheck, $5 million than what he got paid in "Taken 2." 

After speaking to Fox News regarding a fourth "Taken" film, the actor stated: "I think if audiences go and see it and they like these characters, I mean, I'd love to do something with Forest (Whitaker) again, and if it's in a 'Taken 4' scenario, great." 

After Neeson starred as the retired CIA operative ("preventer" as he described his job to his daughter while driving her to the airport) in the first "Taken" film released in 2008, the movie was able to accumulate considerable amount of success, both critically and financially, prompting both actors and filmmakers to begin rolling out the sequel. "Taken 2" was released four years after the original movie. If everything goes according to plan, then it is expected that "Taken 4" will be released either in 2018 or 2019. 

In addition to "Taken 3," the actor also starred in "A Walk Among The Tombstones," which was released last year. Neeson will also be starring in the crime thriller "Run All Night," which is expected to be shown on April 17.

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.