'Scarface' actor and news anchorman Mario Machado dies
Mario Machado has died at the age of 78. According to his daughter, the death was caused by complications from pneumonia.
Machado was Chinese-American, born in Shanghai on 22 April 1935 as Mario Jose de Souza Machado. His mother was Chinese-Portuguese and his father was Portuguese.
He started out as a news reporter for KHJ-TV in 1967 and became a newscaster three years later.
He played news reporter or anchor roles in films too. In the Robocop series, he was news anchor Casey Wong. He also had parts in Scarface, Oh, God! and Rocky III.
His TV portfolio included appearances in popular shows like The Brady Bunch, Quincy M.E. and The Rockford Files.
The Emmy-nominated miniseries "The Story of God" from National Geographic is going to have a second season, and this time, host Morgan Freeman will try to find proof of God's existence.
Star Trek Beyond explores some very spiritual ideas including character, leadership, the need for a saviour, and hope.
- Star Trek Beyond: searching for hope in a godless universe
- Controversial evangelist, activist and bestselling 'Left Behind' author dies aged 90
- Scotland's Christian 'saint in the making' Margaret Sinclair to star in new play
- The burning issue: Why the Church has got to start talking about hell
- Come to church this week for poets, rock stars, circus skills and 'champing'
- Lead us not into the temptations of Twitter, warns Pope Francis
- Vice-President Kaine? Find out six facts about his faith
- How your holidays can still be holy days
- Child abuse, the Church and the Goddard inquiry: Why we should all pray it succeeds
- Why Pope Francis may not be particularly welcome in Poland
- Religious people oppose genetic engineering to enhance human abilities
- Jacques Hamel: The humble priest who was 'treasured' by the community
- Many thousands of displaced children in Nigeria on brink of starvation
- Florida Gators' Cristian Garcia credits God with using him to stop alleged sexual assault on a woman
- Senior Church leader warns of 'copycat killings' after French priest has throat slit