'Scarface' actor and news anchorman Mario Machado dies
Mario Machado has died at the age of 78. According to his daughter, the death was caused by complications from pneumonia.
Machado was Chinese-American, born in Shanghai on 22 April 1935 as Mario Jose de Souza Machado. His mother was Chinese-Portuguese and his father was Portuguese.
He started out as a news reporter for KHJ-TV in 1967 and became a newscaster three years later.
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
He played news reporter or anchor roles in films too. In the Robocop series, he was news anchor Casey Wong. He also had parts in Scarface, Oh, God! and Rocky III.
His TV portfolio included appearances in popular shows like The Brady Bunch, Quincy M.E. and The Rockford Files.
The First Trailer For The Shack Movie Is Here... And It Looks Heartbreaking, Beautiful And Brilliant
Lionsgate have released the initial trailer for The Shack, the movie adaptation of William P Young's best-selling Christian novel.
Veteran film-maker Martin Scorsese has met with Pope Francis to talk about the director's new movie Silence.
- 6 Worships Songs You Might Not Know, But Should
- After Trump, What Now For Christians In America? Obama Faith Advisor Speaks Out
- From Bethlehem To Bedford: What If Mary And Joseph Were 21st Century Refugees?
- 10 Brilliant Ways To Countdown To Christmas With Your Kids
- No Women Speakers At Your Christian Event? Here's How That Could Change
- Archbishop Of York: Government Must Not 'Scapegoat' Migrants For Failures In Housing And Jobs
- The First Trailer For The Shack Movie Is Here... And It Looks Heartbreaking, Beautiful And Brilliant
- Buzzfeed, Fixer Upper, And Gay Marriage: 3 Questions To Ask
- Why We Need To Stop Calling Our Opponents 'Evil'
- South Koreans march close to presidential Blue House demanding Park resign
- Malaysia says Myanmar violence against Muslim Rohingya 'ethnic cleansing'
- Bodies of Chapecoense Plane Crash Victims Returned To Grieving Brazilian Home Town
- Pakistan Province Bans Forced Conversions of Christians to Islam; Move Hailed as 'Great Step' to Protect Minorities
- Fear Grips Christian Converts in Europe Refugee Camps Amid Death Threats From Muslim Extremists
- Newly Baptised Girl and Her Younger Brother Survive Knife Attack By Their Own Mom; God Saved Them, Says Pastor