'Scarface' actor and news anchorman Mario Machado dies
Mario Machado has died at the age of 78. According to his daughter, the death was caused by complications from pneumonia.
Machado was Chinese-American, born in Shanghai on 22 April 1935 as Mario Jose de Souza Machado. His mother was Chinese-Portuguese and his father was Portuguese.
He started out as a news reporter for KHJ-TV in 1967 and became a newscaster three years later.
He played news reporter or anchor roles in films too. In the Robocop series, he was news anchor Casey Wong. He also had parts in Scarface, Oh, God! and Rocky III.
His TV portfolio included appearances in popular shows like The Brady Bunch, Quincy M.E. and The Rockford Files.
Russell Wilson addresses controversy that he cancelled North Carolina wedding because of transgender bathroom law
NFL star Russell Wilson from the Seattle Seahawks was supposed to tie the knot with Ciara in North Carolina. However, the two changed their mind after the state passed House Bill 2, which prohibits any city from enacting ordinances that will allow transgenders to use restrooms coinciding with their preferred gender.
Well-known country singer Dolly Parton, responsible for hits such as "Jolene" and "I Will Always Love You," has never shied away from talking about her Christian faith. The singer is actually proud of her relationship with God, and recently revealed that it helps calm her pre-show jitters.
- Denmark: Friday prayers held at Scandinavia's first female-led mosque
- It's not Christian to be nice
- Christian Small Group: The rejected TV pilot
- Earthquakes and floods: Is God punishing people?
- Does money really stop us getting into heaven?
- The Bible study method that helps small groups really work
- Revelation 2: Has the church lost its first love?
- Should Christian charities take atheists' money?
- Top 5 daily prayer apps to help your devotional life
- Prayer relieves woman's horrendous headache after road accident
- Indonesia: Priest injured in suspected church 'terror' attack
- Christian shot by Muslim hater saved others before he died
- Man in horrific crash sees vision of God in 'glowing chariot' flying through the air, lifting and saving him
- It's OK for Christians to worry about refugees in U.S., religious freedom activist says
- Archbishop from Uganda says beating of children, wives at home should stop