'Ghostbusters' movie reboot: director shows off new Ecto-1 vehicle

 Wikimedia Commons

The production for the "Ghostbusters" reboot is now in full blast. 

Late last month, film director Paul Feig revealed more details about the upcoming remake of the classic 1984 film in his Twitter account, beginning with the new costumes and props

More recently, he shared a photo of the new Ecto-1, the iconic ride of the on-call parapsychologists. While some would expect to see a more modern, state-of-the-art power vehicle to keep up with the times, the director opted to use a retro car that seems to have been taken straight off the 1980s era. 

The new Ecto-1 was made to look old, complete with elaborate hood ornaments, black and yellow pinstripes bar, large lemon-cherry siren, and the legendary Ghostbusters logo. 

Fans expressed their opinions in various social media sites like Twitter, with some telling Feig that the new Ecto-1 looks terrible, while others think it's brilliant. 

There is also a tweet accusing the film as a venue to appease feminist groups because of the new cast. However, the filmmaker clarified that the movie is being made to feature brilliant comedy actors from any gender, just like what the original did. 

The "Ghostbusters" reboot was first announced on Aug. 2, 2014, and it earned mixed reactions from the original film's fans worldwide. Some strongly opposed the remake of the classic comedy film, while others are not pleased with the all-female cast. 

The all-girl team is composed of stellar comediennes, namely Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Leslie Jones, and Kate McKinnon. They will replace the original Ghostbusters: Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, and the late Harold Ramis.

Aside from the four main cast members, it will also star Andy Garcia as the Mayor of New York City, Michael Kenneth Williams as a character named Hawkins, Matt Walsh as Rourke, Chris Hemsworth as the team's receptionist Kevin, and "Saturday Night Live" alum Cecily Strong in a still undisclosed role. News anchor Pat Kiernan from New York's local NY1 morning show also landed a cameo role as himself in the film.

The "Ghostbusters" reboot is slated to premiere on July 22, 2016. 

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.