CES 2015 product watch: New budget handset - Asus Zenfone 2

The Asus Zenfone 5, which will reportedly be followed by a more affordable Asus Zenfone 2. Asus

A new budget smartphone line from Asus is making its way in 2015, and it is expected to be launched at the upcoming consumer and electronics trade event in January. The alleged entry-level smartphone device, dubbed as the Asus Zenfone 2, will be the new product that will be released by the Taipei-based electronics manufacturer to cater to those who are budget conscious.

The news was initially reported by Android Police, after a leak found in Bluetooth SIG website became viral. According to the website, the mid-range smartphone will come with a 4.5-inch screen featuring 480 x 854 pixel resolution, built-in 1 GB of RAM, a modest 2100 mAh battery, plus a 5-megapixel primary rear camera and 0.3-megapixel secondary shooter. It will also have Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity with Wi-Fi and microUSB. The new Asus smartphone is also reportedly equipped with an Android 4.4.2 operating system. 

Although there is no information given about the official launch date of the alleged Asus Zenfone 2 device, gadget watchers are speculating that this is the product that the Taiwanese company will launch during the annual CES 2015 tech and gadget event that will be staged in Las Vegas, Nevada next month. 

The so-called Asus Zenfone 2, also rumored to have model number ZC451CG, will be the next product that will be launched by the company after it revealed the Zenfone 5 mobile device earlier this month. The Zenfone 5 comes with a more powerful 1.6 GHz dual-core Intel Atom Z2560 processor that has a Hyper-Threading feature. It also has 2 GB of RAM, which is bigger compared to the rumored upcoming product. 

If the leaked reports will be confirmed, then those who are looking for mid-range smartphones that falls within the more affordable price range should wait until Jan. 6 to 9, when the latest Asus product will reportedly be unveiled.

News
The groundbreaking BBC series that brought Jesus to TV screens
The groundbreaking BBC series that brought Jesus to TV screens

Seventy years ago, in February 1956, the BBC aired the mini-series “Jesus of Nazareth”, which was the first filming of the life of Jesus to be created for television. This is the story …

Christians mobilised to oppose extreme abortion law changes
Christians mobilised to oppose extreme abortion law changes

Christians are being asked to urge peers to support amendments tabled by Baronesses Monckton and Stroud.

Thousands of Christians return to churches in north-east Nigeria despite years of terror
Thousands of Christians return to churches in north-east Nigeria despite years of terror

The faithful are returning “in their thousands, not hundreds” despite more than a decade of brutal violence.

Trump is '100 per cent' more spiritual after assassination attempt, says pastor friend
Trump is '100 per cent' more spiritual after assassination attempt, says pastor friend

Trump's pastor and friend Mark Burns said the US President knows "the hand of God' was on him when he survived the 2024 assassination attempt.