Taken 3 movie update: Cast and plot rumors

Can Bryan Mills take his reputation, and freedom, back in this installment of the hit action-thriller franchise? Facebook

The 20<sup>th Century Fox officially announced earlier this year that the third installment for the mega hit action-thriller Taken is scheduled for release in theaters on January 9, 2015.

The report was posted only via ManlyMovie, which said that the film's production is currently ongoing. The report also said that Liam Neeson, who will reprise his role as Bryan Mills, will work again with other stars like Maggie Grace, who will play the role of Kim Mills, as well as Famke Janssen, who will portray Lenore Mills.

Bryan Mills will be back to clear his name from a murder charge which he did not really commit.

ManlyMovie also reported that the filming is mostly done in an area in Los Angeles, which happened to be where the setting of the third Taken film is located. Back in April, the cast and production staff were seen working somewhere in Covington, Georgia.

But the fans of the hit action-thriller are asking about the plot for the latest film. Will Bryan's loved ones be taken again this time?

During the recently concluded WonderCon 2014 in Anaheim, director and screenplay writer Luc Besson answered several questions asked by Collider about the film.

In the said interview, the director actually confirmed that the film is currently undergoing. It started four months ago. Besson also said that there will be nobody taken in this film installment.

The director said, "The third film is another story that has nothing to do with him and his family. No one is taken. The dog is not taken. It's another story with the same characters. It's different, but it's very good. It's probably the best of the three for me, in terms of the script."

On the other hand, a new set of cast members will be included in the movie, such as Forest Whitaker who will portray the role of Franck Dotzler, as well as Johnny Weston, who will act as Kim's boyfriend.

News
The groundbreaking BBC series that brought Jesus to TV screens
The groundbreaking BBC series that brought Jesus to TV screens

Seventy years ago, in February 1956, the BBC aired the mini-series “Jesus of Nazareth”, which was the first filming of the life of Jesus to be created for television. This is the story …

Christians mobilised to oppose extreme abortion law changes
Christians mobilised to oppose extreme abortion law changes

Christians are being asked to urge peers to support amendments tabled by Baronesses Monckton and Stroud.

Thousands of Christians return to churches in north-east Nigeria despite years of terror
Thousands of Christians return to churches in north-east Nigeria despite years of terror

The faithful are returning “in their thousands, not hundreds” despite more than a decade of brutal violence.

Trump is '100 per cent' more spiritual after assassination attempt, says pastor friend
Trump is '100 per cent' more spiritual after assassination attempt, says pastor friend

Trump's pastor and friend Mark Burns said the US President knows "the hand of God' was on him when he survived the 2024 assassination attempt.