Minecraft Xbox One edition out now; Wii U release date not coming

No Minecraft for Wii U Facebook

No Minecraft for Nintendo fans.

Sad news for Wii U users who are waiting for the latest Minecraft in their platform, as Nintendo said that it will not happen anytime soon.

This came as a blow for the fans of the sandbox game, especially since it came at the same time as the announcement of the Minecraft Xbox One release.

The announcement came via Twitter, as Xbox head Phil Spencer posted, "Over 13M of you played Minecraft #Xbox360. This Friday, join us in building even bigger worlds in Minecraft #XboxOne."

The official website of Xbox also elaborated on the release of the famous game on Sony's next-gen platform saying, "Starting Friday, players can purchase and download the Minecraft: Xbox One Edition upgrade or full game from the Xbox Store with either a credit card or an Xbox Gift Card purchased at retail. Later this month, select retailers will sell the full game Digital Download Code and the full game packaged disc will be on retail store shelves globally this holiday, just in time for gift giving."

The possibility of Minecraft's debut became dim, after 4J Studios Daniel Kaplan told Total Xbox that they are done with the project as of the moment, and they are already contented with the release of the Xbox One edition and the possible release of PS4 soon.

"It's mostly about platforms that make sense... With the release of PS4 and Xbox One I think we have fulfilled most of the needs for now. There aren't many platforms left to release on. We'll see, whatever makes sense and if the platform has the user base for it. We won't release on the platform if the base is very small because it's much too big of an effort," Kaplan explained.

On the other hand, Kaplan also announced via his Twitter account that Minecraft PS4 had already been released in Europe, and the US will also play it with the Sony next-gen console very soon.

News
The groundbreaking BBC series that brought Jesus to TV screens
The groundbreaking BBC series that brought Jesus to TV screens

Seventy years ago, in February 1956, the BBC aired the mini-series “Jesus of Nazareth”, which was the first filming of the life of Jesus to be created for television. This is the story …

Christians mobilised to oppose extreme abortion law changes
Christians mobilised to oppose extreme abortion law changes

Christians are being asked to urge peers to support amendments tabled by Baronesses Monckton and Stroud.

Thousands of Christians return to churches in north-east Nigeria despite years of terror
Thousands of Christians return to churches in north-east Nigeria despite years of terror

The faithful are returning “in their thousands, not hundreds” despite more than a decade of brutal violence.

Trump is '100 per cent' more spiritual after assassination attempt, says pastor friend
Trump is '100 per cent' more spiritual after assassination attempt, says pastor friend

Trump's pastor and friend Mark Burns said the US President knows "the hand of God' was on him when he survived the 2024 assassination attempt.