'WWE Survivor Series 2017' rumors: Nikki Bella to return?

YouTube/WWE
John Cena and Nikki Bella

With the "WWE Survivor Series 2017" pay-per-view event less than a week away, it seems as though the officials from WWE deliberately left a spot on Team SmackDown. Rumors suggest that they are actually preparing for the Nikki Bella's WWE return.

After last Tuesday's edition of "SmackDown Live," Charlotte emerged as the new SmackDown Women's champion after defeating Natalya, leaving a spot open on Team SmackDown for Sunday. The assumption was that Charlotte would be put up against Alexa Bliss, and Natalya taking over Charlotte's spot on Team SmackDown in the Women's 5-on-5 Traditional Elimination Match at "WWE Survivor Series 2017." Many have speculated that Paige would take the open spot, but others are hopeful that Nikki Bella will make her WWE return and claim the spot instead of Paige or Natalya.

Nikki Bella made her last WWE appearance at "Wrestlemania 33," and was sidelined because of a neck injury. Since then, she has participated in projects elsewhere like "Dancing With the Stars" where she was paired with professional dancer Artem Chigvintsev.

This is not the only rumor Nikki Bella has been involved recently. It was also speculated that she would replace Daniel Brian as the general manager of "SmackDown Live." This idea was also raised by E!'s reality television series "Total Divas." Does this indicate that the longest reining WWE Divas Champion has been trying to find her way back to the WWE?

If the rumors prove to be accurate and she becomes part of Team SmackDown for "WWE Survivor Series 2017," it might serve as a one-off appearance for Nikki Bella. This is also the assumption for John Cena and Triple H as they are expected to make an appearance as part of their teams only for the pay-per-view event.

WWE is anticipated to reveal the final member of Team SmackDown in the coming days before Sunday's event.

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.