Naya Rivera misdemeanor domestic battery news: Actress allegedly wants to reconcile with Ryan Dorsey

Former "Glee" star Naya Rivera was arrested and charged with misdemeanor domestic battery on Saturday, Nov. 25. This was after she allegedly assaulted and lightly injured her husband of three years, Ryan Dorsey, while taking their two year-old son, Josey, for a walk.

Kanawha County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Brian Humphreys told E! News that a police deputy responded to a domestic violence complaint at a residence in Chesapeake, West Virginia. Humphreys added that the deputy talked to Dorsey who said he was struck by Rivera in the head and on the bottom lip when an argument between the couple erupted. This took place while they were taking their child for a walk. The officer also saw minor injuries on Dorsey consistent with his statement and was presented with a video taken by the actor when the assault took place.

Rivera appeared in court and was released on bond. Later on, she was picked up by her father-in-law. WCHS-TV shared a brief video of her appearance in court in which the actress can be seen teary-eyed in front of the judge. Rivera answered in the affirmative when the judge asked her if she knew about the nature of the charges filed against her. The 30-year-old actress, who played Satana Lopez on the hit FOX series "Glee," has not commented on the case. If convicted, Rivera could be sentenced to a maximum of a year in prison and a fine of up to $500.

Last month, it was confirmed that Rivera no longer wanted to pursue her divorce from Dorsey. She requested for the dismissal of the divorce which she filed in November of 2016. According to E! News, a source told them that Rivera is currently back with Dorsey in an attempt at reconciliation all for the sake of their son.

Newsletter Stay up to date with Christian Today
News
Holy Land leader welcomes release of Palestinian Anglican held by Israel
Holy Land leader welcomes release of Palestinian Anglican held by Israel

Many of the details surrounding Layan Nasir's case remain unclear.

Government fund for historic churches opens for submissions
Government fund for historic churches opens for submissions

The government's handling of funding for historic churches has been criticised.

‘We’ve had nothing like this’ - over 30,000 attend historic Franklin Graham evangelical gathering in Belarus
‘We’ve had nothing like this’ - over 30,000 attend historic Franklin Graham evangelical gathering in Belarus

The two-day “Festival of Hope”, organised by Franklin Graham and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA), drew almost 31,000 people to Chizhovka Arena in the Belarusian capital.

Despite minor improvements, Saudi Arabia remains a tough place for Christians
Despite minor improvements, Saudi Arabia remains a tough place for Christians

Officially, conversion from Islam carries the death penalty.