Jeremy Lin injury update: Brooklyn Nets point guard recovering in Canada

Brooklyn Nets point guard Jeremy Lin recently uploaded a video on his Instagram account to give his followers an update on his recovery after a knee injury cut his 2017–18 National Basketball Association (NBA) season short.

In the video, Lin talked about his stay at the Fortius Sports and Health center in British Columbia, Canada's westernmost province outside Vancouver.

"The Nets and I have decided on a really comprehensive rehab program that will have me out here for most of the season," Lin said, adding, "The goal is to rebuild my body from the ground up, each and every muscle and joint."

A post shared by Jeremy Lin (@jlin7) on

During the Nets' season opening 131–140 loss against the Indiana Pacers, Lin went for a layup late in the fourth quarter and landed awkwardly, resulting in a ruptured patellar tendon. While in tears, the 29-year-old point guard was then helped back to the locker room by his teammates.

Nets head coach Kenny Atkinson said on Friday that the decision to go out of the country for recovery was a mutual decision between Lin and the organization.

"It was a collaborative effort between [general manager] Sean [Marks] and I, and our performance team, and the group in Vancouver, which is respected throughout the world for their knowhow," Atkinson said. "And Jeremy's group too. It was a collaborative decision."

Atkinson added that they are keeping track of Lin's progress by constantly contacting the player and his trainers.

"We are on top of it daily," he said.

Two-time league Most Valuable Player (MVP) Steve Nash is said to have helped develop some of Fortius Sports and Health center's programs.

Lin signed a three-year, $30-million deal with the Nets in the summer of 2016, but was only able to play in 36 games because of persistent hamstring injuries. The ruptured patellar tendon he suffered earlier this season is expected to keep him off the court for the rest of the season.

Newsletter Stay up to date with Christian Today
News
Holy Land leader welcomes release of Palestinian Anglican held by Israel
Holy Land leader welcomes release of Palestinian Anglican held by Israel

Many of the details surrounding Layan Nasir's case remain unclear.

Government fund for historic churches opens for submissions
Government fund for historic churches opens for submissions

The government's handling of funding for historic churches has been criticised.

‘We’ve had nothing like this’ - over 30,000 attend historic Franklin Graham evangelical gathering in Belarus
‘We’ve had nothing like this’ - over 30,000 attend historic Franklin Graham evangelical gathering in Belarus

The two-day “Festival of Hope”, organised by Franklin Graham and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA), drew almost 31,000 people to Chizhovka Arena in the Belarusian capital.

Despite minor improvements, Saudi Arabia remains a tough place for Christians
Despite minor improvements, Saudi Arabia remains a tough place for Christians

Officially, conversion from Islam carries the death penalty.