'Mass Effect 4' release updates: Mike Gamble says game could have another name as fans demand more info

Two years after the release of "Mass Effect 3," fans are dying to get the latest information about the next installment of BioWare's widely popular sci-fi action role playing third-person shooter game.

News about "Mass Effect 4" had been scarce, but the Canadian game developers release a few tidbits about it from time to time. Last April, BioWare's Yannick Roy mentioned via his Twitter account that the game is in the middle of development. Then a teaser that debuted at the San Diego Comic-Con this year showed that the cooperative multiplayer action will be featured again in the upcoming "Mass Effect" game.

Meanwhile, game producer Mike Gamble hinted on a Twitter discussion that the new installment in the series will not be called "Mass Effect 4."

Gamble earlier mentioned the possible name change during Gamescom 2014, but he reiterated it last Oct. 19, saying that he has no idea what "Mass Effect 4" is.  Though it could possibly be a joke, it seems like the new installment from the "Mass Effect" universe will have a different label.  The new name will possibly be revealed in the upcoming military and sci-fi convention called Honorcon to be held from Oct. 31 to Nov. 2. It will feature the game in a discussion that will tackle sci-fi video games.

The new game could also be revealed on N7 Day on Nov. 7, which is a day specifically devoted by fans to the "Mass Effect" series.  If there will be no "Mass Effect" news coming by then, fans are still hoping that there will be more updates after BioWare releases "Dragon Age: Inquisition" on Nov. 18.

Fans are hoping that the new game will debut planetary journeys as well as customizable and personalized vehicles such as ships and the like.

"Mass Effect 4" is expected to be released on newer platforms like Xbox One and PlayStation 4, as well as last-generation platforms like the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Microsoft Windows, iOS, Wii U, Android, and Windows Phone.

News
The groundbreaking BBC series that brought Jesus to TV screens
The groundbreaking BBC series that brought Jesus to TV screens

Seventy years ago, in February 1956, the BBC aired the mini-series “Jesus of Nazareth”, which was the first filming of the life of Jesus to be created for television. This is the story …

Christians mobilised to oppose extreme abortion law changes
Christians mobilised to oppose extreme abortion law changes

Christians are being asked to urge peers to support amendments tabled by Baronesses Monckton and Stroud.

Thousands of Christians return to churches in north-east Nigeria despite years of terror
Thousands of Christians return to churches in north-east Nigeria despite years of terror

The faithful are returning “in their thousands, not hundreds” despite more than a decade of brutal violence.

Trump is '100 per cent' more spiritual after assassination attempt, says pastor friend
Trump is '100 per cent' more spiritual after assassination attempt, says pastor friend

Trump's pastor and friend Mark Burns said the US President knows "the hand of God' was on him when he survived the 2024 assassination attempt.