'Attack on Titan' season 2 news: New trailer sparks debate, new Titan expected

A screengrab from "Attack on Titan" live action trailer YouTube/Toho Channel

There is so much going on in the ever-growing "Attack on Titan" franchise at the moment. While fans are waiting for season 2 of the hit anime series, which won't air until next year, they are treated to several films, both live-action and animated. 

The latest titbit comes in the form of a new action-packed trailer for the live-action "Attack on Titan" film, which, surprisingly, has romance tucked in it. The video shows the horrors and devastation the Titans bring, with clips previously shown in the first trailer, and also features some lip-locking moments. 

In the trailer, Eren and Mikasa, who contemplate how Titans came to be and why humanity fights, share a passionate kiss, back-dropped by the wreckage and explosions caused by the oversized flesh-eaters that drove mankind behind a fence and a vast cloud of fear. 

The scene, which is literally only milliseconds long, sparked major grievances from fans, according to Kotaku. It is said to be a departure from the "Attack on Titan" manga and anime, which do not feature such. The injected romance in the film had the fans at odds and thinking that it won't be exactly like its source material. 

The first part of "Attack on Titan" live-action film will hit theaters on Aug. 1. It will be shown in other countries in South East Asia such as Singapore and the Philippines two weeks after. The second part titled "Attack on Titan: End of the World" will come out on Sept. 19. 

In other "Attack on Titan" news, season 2 of the anime series is set to be aired in 2016. Its manga counterpart is down to its second arc, which means that Wit Studio and Production IG are still waiting for two more to officially set things in motion. The new season is expected to cover four arcs just like season 1, but chances are, the studios have already started work and videos or new details might be shared to the general public before the year ends.

It is said that the show's second run will revolve around a Titan going beyond the wall, and Erwin Smith ousting the king, who is deemed responsible for placing mankind at the face of more peril.

News
Traitors’ winner Harry Clark heads to Rome in new BBC documentary exploring faith in modern Britain
Traitors’ winner Harry Clark heads to Rome in new BBC documentary exploring faith in modern Britain

BBC Two and iPlayer are set to air a new one-hour documentary this Easter charting The Traitors’ winner Harry Clark’s personal pilgrimage from Slough to the Vatican

Christians welcome NI decision to pull out of puberty blocker trial
Christians welcome NI decision to pull out of puberty blocker trial

Nesbitt initially indicated that the province would join the trial.

EU Parliament condemns expulsion of foreign Christians in Turkey
EU Parliament condemns expulsion of foreign Christians in Turkey

Turkey has said the EU is interfering in its internal affairs.

Fewer Britons giving something up for Lent as cathedrals invite deeper reflection
Fewer Britons giving something up for Lent as cathedrals invite deeper reflection

The number of Britons giving something up for Lent has fallen sharply over the past decade, according to new research highlighting a significant shift in how the season is observed.