Miguel Cotto vs. Canelo Alvarez fight news 2015: Bout is on!

The highly anticipated match between World Boxing Councing (WBC) middleweight champion Miguel Cotto and Canelo "Saul" Alvarez will finally take place!

The fight will happen on Nov. 21, 2015 at a venue yet to be named. News about the much-awaited showdown was bared by WBC via Golden Boy Promotions president Oscar Dela Hoya.

Although it has yet to be known where the fight will officially take place, it is believed that the choice could be either at the MGM Grand or Thomas Mack Center in Las Vegas. Both fighters will be meeting at a catch-weight of 155 pounds.

To recall, negotiations broke down back in January when Cotto's camp were reportedly unhappy at the financial side of the fight. Cotto shunned the offer made by Golden Boy Promotions, something reportedly near the 50-50 mark. The middleweight champion believed that they should get more than the said split, seeing that the Puerto Rican has already proven a lot throughout his career.

Cotto eventually faced of a less heralded fighter in Daniel Geale whom the champion knocked out in the fourth round.

On the other end, Alvarez is also coming off a convincing total knock out (TKO) win over James Kirkland in the third round.

With both fighters posting impressive knockout wins, the fight was simply something that had to take place. And as promised, Dela Hoya seems to be hard at work making the mega bout happen, something he says will be better than the May 2 tiff between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao.

After a short break, Alvarez has already started training last month, anticipating the fight to materialize. He has begun doing morning runs and light workouts.

Curiously, all eyes will be on the winner of the said match. The one who emerges on top could be facing Gennady Golovkin next unless the victor would, for some reason, vacate the WBC middleweight title. Golovkin is the current WBC interim middleweight champion.

The fight is not expected to be a pricey one, recalling how the Mayweather-Pacquiao bout charged $99 on pay-per-view. The one thing that is certain is that fight will not be disappointing and is expected to render a fierce exchange for two fighters who are known to always go in for the kill.

News
Civil rights leader Rev Jesse Jackson dies at 84
Civil rights leader Rev Jesse Jackson dies at 84

The Rev. Jesse Jackson, a longtime civil rights activist and former presidential candidate who garnered controversy over his political activism and personal misconduct, has died at age 84.

Pastor considers legal action after arrest over comments on Islam and transgender ideology
Pastor considers legal action after arrest over comments on Islam and transgender ideology

The Alliance Defending Freedom warns of more such arrests if the government introduces its much-maligned definition of 'anti-Muslim hatred'.

Why do Christians observe Shrove Tuesday?
Why do Christians observe Shrove Tuesday?

17 February 2026 is Shrove Tuesday, the traditional day for eating pancakes before the start of Lent. This is the story …

CoE announces £400,000 to get young people into choirs
CoE announces £400,000 to get young people into choirs

Most CoE choirs currently have no children involved.