'Destiny 2' development in the works as Activision confirms 10 year vision

 Wikipedia

Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg finally revealed during the company's financial call that the sequel for "Destiny" is already in the works.

In a report posted on GameSpot, Hirshberg said that they are already planning the development of "Destiny 2."

"Work has also begun on future expansion packs, as well as on our next full game release," the CEO shared. "We're very pleased with the launch and continuing engagement."

Hirshberg did not provide any further details about "Destiny 2," but the Activision exec shared that the company and game developer Bungie already have a "10-year vision" for the first-person shooter game franchise. In fact, they have already planned out a "Lord of the Rings-sized narrative" for Destiny.

It seems like they have predicted that "Destiny" will become one of the hottest games in 2014, since the Activision-Bungie deal that was forged in 2012 stipulated that they would work on multiple sequels for the franchise.

Another insider from Activision had been pressed for further details regarding the alleged "Destiny 2" release.

The representative only gave a brief response, saying, "At Activision we are very pleased at the launch of Destiny and look forward to working with Bungie to expand the universe over the course of our 10-year relationship. We have nothing further to announce at this time."

But those who are yearning for a new "Destiny" gameplay need not wait any longer, since Activision is set to release the game's first expansion pack called "The Dark Below" on Dec. 9. For only $20 by itself or $35 when purchased as part of a season pass, the expansion pack will feature new story content, additional competitive maps, a new cooperative Strike mission, as well as a new Raid that needs six high-level players to finish a series of difficult challenges.

Based on Activision's financial call, the game already has 9.5 million registered users who play the game for at least three hours every day.

News
The groundbreaking BBC series that brought Jesus to TV screens
The groundbreaking BBC series that brought Jesus to TV screens

Seventy years ago, in February 1956, the BBC aired the mini-series “Jesus of Nazareth”, which was the first filming of the life of Jesus to be created for television. This is the story …

Christians mobilised to oppose extreme abortion law changes
Christians mobilised to oppose extreme abortion law changes

Christians are being asked to urge peers to support amendments tabled by Baronesses Monckton and Stroud.

Thousands of Christians return to churches in north-east Nigeria despite years of terror
Thousands of Christians return to churches in north-east Nigeria despite years of terror

The faithful are returning “in their thousands, not hundreds” despite more than a decade of brutal violence.

Trump is '100 per cent' more spiritual after assassination attempt, says pastor friend
Trump is '100 per cent' more spiritual after assassination attempt, says pastor friend

Trump's pastor and friend Mark Burns said the US President knows "the hand of God' was on him when he survived the 2024 assassination attempt.