Watch SAG Awards online live stream [TBN, TBS TV start time]
The 20th annual Screen Actors Guild award will take place on Saturday night live from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles in what should be a fantastic night in the film awards calendar.
The SAG awards will be broadcast on TV on both the TNT and TBS networks from 8p.m. EST. Prior to the award show, a live stream of the red carpet arrivals will be available to watch online on the TNT website. The red carpet coverage starts at 6 p.m. EST.
This year, a lineup of star-studded presenters have been announced. Many of these presenters are nominees themselves for the prestigious Screen Actors Guild Awards.
Presenters include Matt Damon, Robert DeNiro, Chiwetel Ejifor, SAG-AFTRA President Ken Howard, Mindy Kaling, Jennifer Lawrence, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, James Marsden, Ewan McGregor, Lupita Nyong'o, Sarah Paulson, Julia Roberts, Elisabeth Röhm, Meryl Streep, and Emma Thompson. Other presenters include Ben Affleck, Sasha Alexander, Don Cheadle, Morgan Freeman, Jennifer Garner, Clark Gregg, Tom Hanks, Jared Leto, Matthew McConaughey, Kevin Spacey, Kerry Washington, Forest Whitaker and Oprah Winfrey.
For this year, the SAG 50th Life Achievement Award will be given to actress Rita Moreno. The 82-year-old won numerous awards in her lifetime, including a Grammy, Oscar and a Tony for her various works. The award will be presented by Morgan Freeman.
This year, "12 Years A Slave" has received four nods and is expected to come out tops at the award show tonight.
Movies nominated for "Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture are:
12 Years a Slave
August: Osage County
Dallas Buyers Club
Lee Daniels' The Butler
See a full list of nominations here.
Watch a promo video of the 2014 Screen Actors Guild Awards below:
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- Is Justin Bieber quitting world tour to start his own church?
- Why we must open them every day: our 5-point plan to save Britain's churches
- Godfulness: What the Church can learn from a new (but old) kind of meditation
- What did Jesus mean when he condemned those who make children 'stumble'?
- Amazing Grace: 7 quotes from the slaver-turned-preacher John Newton
- WANTED: Christian coders, techies and creatives. The CofE is inviting you to its first 'digital lab'
- Already worrying about Halloween and 'trick-or-treat'? This Christian charity has answers
- Pioneer ministry: How a new generation of ministers is changing the face of mission
- How Christian and other faith communities are rebuilding trust in times of crisis
- Israel removes metal detectors from Jerusalem mosque following bloody clashes; Palestine demands further repeal
- Anglican leader in Jamaica breaks ranks by calling for legalisation of sodomy
- Islamist militants in Kenya went house to house killing Christians
- Vatican shuts down fountains amid Italy drought, in line with Pope Francis' environment teachings
- Victory for campaigners as US judge blocks attempt to deport Iraqi Christians
- Radical Muslim embraces Jesus after Christians show him kindness in ISIS-torn Syria