Nokia C1 update: Handset turns out to be fan-made concept

Alleged Nokia C1 leaked photo TechWeb

Earlier this week, the buzz about a new Nokia smartphone called Nokia C1 made the rounds online, igniting speculations that the Finnish company will be releasing a new mobile device after their phone manufacturing arm was acquired by Microsoft in mid-2014. But recent updates reveal that the Nokia C1 is nothing but a concept phone made by fans of the brand. 

Based on the news reports that circulated on Monday, Nokia is prepping to develop a new Android smartphone even if they are barred from making another mobile phone product until 2016. A blurry photograph of the so-called Nokia C1 smartphone was posted by a Chinese website called TechWeb. It also includes the supposed specs of the device. 

The website claims that Nokia's new smartphone device will be released with a 5-inch touchscreen display, an Intel chip, 2 GB of RAM with 32 GB internal storage, an 8-megapixel primary rear shooter, as well as a 5-megapixel front-facing shooter. The report also mentioned that the rumored Nokia C1 will run using the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system straight out of the box, and it will have the brand's signature Z launcher pre-installed in each unit. 

However, there is no truth about the so-called Nokia smartphone device. It was just a fan-made concept that was inspired by the soon-to-be released Nokia N1 tablet. 

Nokia N1 Facebook

Meanwhile, the upcoming Nokia N1 tablet is not actually manufactured by the Finnish brand; it is being made by Foxconn. Nokia only developed the product, which will reportedly compete with other tablet brands like Apple's iPad and Microsoft's Surface tablets. 

The Nokia N1, which will come with a 7.9-inch screen featuring a 1536 × 2048 pixel resolution, a quad-core Intel Atom processor clocked at 2.3 GHz, 2 GB RAM, as well as a 5-megapixel front camera with an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera, will reportedly be released on Jan. 7, 2015.

News
The groundbreaking BBC series that brought Jesus to TV screens
The groundbreaking BBC series that brought Jesus to TV screens

Seventy years ago, in February 1956, the BBC aired the mini-series “Jesus of Nazareth”, which was the first filming of the life of Jesus to be created for television. This is the story …

Christians mobilised to oppose extreme abortion law changes
Christians mobilised to oppose extreme abortion law changes

Christians are being asked to urge peers to support amendments tabled by Baronesses Monckton and Stroud.

Thousands of Christians return to churches in north-east Nigeria despite years of terror
Thousands of Christians return to churches in north-east Nigeria despite years of terror

The faithful are returning “in their thousands, not hundreds” despite more than a decade of brutal violence.

Trump is '100 per cent' more spiritual after assassination attempt, says pastor friend
Trump is '100 per cent' more spiritual after assassination attempt, says pastor friend

Trump's pastor and friend Mark Burns said the US President knows "the hand of God' was on him when he survived the 2024 assassination attempt.