Manny Pacquiao vs. Amir Khan fight news 2016: Too many negotiators doomed fight plans?

For what it is worth, thinking of what could have been is close to useless at this point for the botched Manny Pacquiao vs. Amir Khan fight.

Everyone knows that Pacquiao is officially set to face Timothy Bradley Jr. on April 9 in Las Vegas, but the little things on why Khan was shunned yet again in a span of four to five months puzzles some people.

Khan had been shunned for a big fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr. back in September, something Mayweather and company alleged were because Khan simply talked too much. Andre Berto got the nod and to this day, Khan believes that his talkative nature is being used as a cover up so that Mayweather could easily retire from boxing.

Against Pacquiao, Khan showed a lot of impatience and accused the Filipino boxer and his charges of stalling. Promoter Bob Arum explained that the two camps were still in talks and that there was no truth to the matter.

So, is Khan really the problem as to why big fights aren't happening?

While that is in the head of fans, Pacquiao adds that it was the involvement of the middle men that doomed the fight.

"There were a lot of middle men - in negotiations - a lot of representatives from him and that is the reason," says Pacquiao in an interview with Sky Sports recently.

When word of that came out, Khan came out with a response via Twitter. He refuted Pacquiao's claims and stressed that it was his camp and HBO who were not keen on having Khan since he may not rack in pay-per-view (PPV) numbers. 

And this was where Bradley turned out to be their best option.

Either way, it seems a waste to debate over it. Pacquiao and Khan have gone their separate ways and both may never face each other in an actual big fight, with the Filipino boxer set to retire after his bout with Bradley.

News
New Catholic head says lessons must be learned from abuse failings
New Catholic head says lessons must be learned from abuse failings

The newly installed Archbishop of Westminster has said the Church must learn from victims of sexual abuse.

Young adults abandon marriage as pensioners overtake under-25s - report
Young adults abandon marriage as pensioners overtake under-25s - report

The institution of marriage has undergone a dramatic transformation over the past five decades - particularly among young adults.

Iconic cathedral to run truth project during Lent
Iconic cathedral to run truth project during Lent

One of England’s most well-known, historic and picturesque cathedrals has announced plans to run a Lent series looking at truth in the modern world.