Lil Wayne 'doing fine' after being hospitalized for seizures

Lil Wayne is doing better, said his daughter on Twitter, following reports that the Grammy Award-winning singer was hospitalized in Chicago on Sept. 3 due to multiple seizures.

On Sept. 4, Reginae Carter updated fans on the condition of her father whose real name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr. She also thanked fans for their concern for the rap star.

Carter added in another tweet, "Oh yeah .. & don't believe everything you hear."

Wayne was found unconscious in his room at the Westin Hotel on the afternoon of Sept. 3. The rapper was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital, where he suffered another seizure, according to TMZ.

A representative from the Chicago Fire Department confirmed Wayne's hospitalization to the Chicago Tribune. A hospital representative, however, said that Wayne was no longer in the hospital in the morning of Sept. 4 as reflected in the hospital patient records.

Wayne is currently on tour with Rae Sremmurd and was slated to perform at Drai's Nightclub in Las Vegas the night he was hospitalized.

"Lil Wayne will be canceling his previously scheduled performance," the club posted on Facebook later that night. "Our priority is the health and well-being of our artists. Everyone at Drai's wishes Lil Wayne a speedy recovery during this time."

The show continued, however, with T.I. taking Wayne's place and performing with DJ Franzen.

Wayne has been open about this epilepsy before and has been hospitalized several times in the past, most notably in 2013 when he was confined for six days. He talked about his condition in an interview with Los Angeles radio station Power 106 in March 2013.

"This isn't my first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh seizure," he said. "I've had a bunch of seizures, y'all just never hear about them."

There have been no additional updates about the condition of Lil Wayne.

Newsletter Stay up to date with Christian Today
News
Christian aid organisations mobilise emergency Ebola response in Democratic Republic of Congo
Christian aid organisations mobilise emergency Ebola response in Democratic Republic of Congo

Christian aid organisations are mobilising emergency health responses in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) following a deadly Ebola outbreak in the country’s north-east that has prompted international concern.

Three Baptist pastors killed in Manipur ambush after peace conference
Three Baptist pastors killed in Manipur ambush after peace conference

The victims were senior leaders of the Thadou Baptist Association India (TBAI), a Baptist denomination rooted in the Thadou-Kuki community of Manipur.

Over 1,000 gather in Blackpool for Diocese of Blackburn centenary celebration
Over 1,000 gather in Blackpool for Diocese of Blackburn centenary celebration

Over 1,000 Christians from across Lancashire gathered in the heart of Blackpool over the weekend for a large-scale public celebration marking the centenary year of the Church of England’s Diocese of Blackburn.

Christian group has mixed feelings about new trans guidance
Christian group has mixed feelings about new trans guidance

The NHS can no longer hide behind the "waiting for guidance" excuse, but a Christian group fears that inaction will still be the order of the day as the guidance does not extend to workplaces.