'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' movie sequel update: Ronan the Accuser actor wants to return

 Wikipedia

Although his character was killed during the first installment of the Marvel film franchise, "Guardians of the Galaxy" star Lee Pace wants to reprise his role as Ronan the Accuser in the upcoming sequel to the film. 

In a recent interview posted on IGN, the actor said that he loves Ronan and would love to portray it again if given the chance. However, he admitted that he has no idea if there is a possibility for it to happen. 

Ronan the Accuser was killed at the end of the movie, but some of his scenes with Gamora and Nebula that took shape on the Dark Aster were omitted out of necessity. Director James Gunn confirmed that the deleted scenes will be included in the upcoming Blu-ray release of the movie. 

When asked if he is looking forward to finally seeing his complete, undeleted scenes, Pace replied that he was happy with how the film ended when it was released last year. 

"I loved that film," the actor shared. "I was so proud to be a part of that whole fun moment. I found the character very, very interesting, exceptionally, and in playing him -- this kind of charismatic space terrorist. The idea is fascinating. I had to kind of crack the way the character thought. For me, I think he's doing what's right for his people. He's going to right a wrong. He's annihilating the weak in favor of the strong. That's a different set of values, and he's fighting for them." 

"Guardians of the Galaxy 2" will reportedly explore the backstory of the characters in the film. One of them is the identity of Star-Lord's (Chris Pratt) mystery father, as well as deeper stories involving Nebula (Karen Gillan) and The Celestials. 

The sequel to the blockbuster is scheduled to be released on May 5, 2017.

News
Traitors’ winner Harry Clark heads to Rome in new BBC documentary exploring faith in modern Britain
Traitors’ winner Harry Clark heads to Rome in new BBC documentary exploring faith in modern Britain

BBC Two and iPlayer are set to air a new one-hour documentary this Easter charting The Traitors’ winner Harry Clark’s personal pilgrimage from Slough to the Vatican

Christians welcome NI decision to pull out of puberty blocker trial
Christians welcome NI decision to pull out of puberty blocker trial

Nesbitt initially indicated that the province would join the trial.

EU Parliament condemns expulsion of foreign Christians in Turkey
EU Parliament condemns expulsion of foreign Christians in Turkey

Turkey has said the EU is interfering in its internal affairs.

Fewer Britons giving something up for Lent as cathedrals invite deeper reflection
Fewer Britons giving something up for Lent as cathedrals invite deeper reflection

The number of Britons giving something up for Lent has fallen sharply over the past decade, according to new research highlighting a significant shift in how the season is observed.