Nintendo World Championship revived after 25 years; to take place June 24

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata Wikipedia

The annual Electronic Entertainment Expo this year is just a month away, but Nintendo has decided unveil their plans for their press panel on May 13. 

Nintendo of America revealed that, after 25 years, they will bring back their World Championship Competition. It will reportedly happen on June 24 at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, just two days prior to the E3 2015. 

"Whether you're tuning in online or joining us at the show, we want to include fans of all ages this E3 with an innovative and nostalgic focus on fun," said Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America president, as quoted by The Verge

Previously, company president and CEO Satoru Iwata revealed that their E3 2015 will focus on their 3DS and Wii U contents. It means that the news about the highly anticipated NX console will not be unveiled during the upcoming event. 

"We do not plan on talking specifics about the the NX until 2016," Iwata confirmed. "Presently, we cannot talk about the time period when it will go on sale or what it's like. Because we are calling it a 'new concept,' we are not thinking of this as a 'simple replacement' for the 3DS or the Wii U."

Also, Nintendo may not be dropping any news about their upcoming smartphone games and "quality of life" strategies during the E3 event this year, since the company knows that E3 is solely dedicated to exhibiting video game machines and related game titles.

The upcoming E3 2015 is scheduled to be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California starting June 15 until June 18. It is expected to draw in thousands of attendees from all over the world.  

News
Traitors’ winner Harry Clark heads to Rome in new BBC documentary exploring faith in modern Britain
Traitors’ winner Harry Clark heads to Rome in new BBC documentary exploring faith in modern Britain

BBC Two and iPlayer are set to air a new one-hour documentary this Easter charting The Traitors’ winner Harry Clark’s personal pilgrimage from Slough to the Vatican

Christians welcome NI decision to pull out of puberty blocker trial
Christians welcome NI decision to pull out of puberty blocker trial

Nesbitt initially indicated that the province would join the trial.

EU Parliament condemns expulsion of foreign Christians in Turkey
EU Parliament condemns expulsion of foreign Christians in Turkey

Turkey has said the EU is interfering in its internal affairs.

Fewer Britons giving something up for Lent as cathedrals invite deeper reflection
Fewer Britons giving something up for Lent as cathedrals invite deeper reflection

The number of Britons giving something up for Lent has fallen sharply over the past decade, according to new research highlighting a significant shift in how the season is observed.