Lenovo to release budget smartphones at the 2015 CES; Specs and features

Lenovo K3, released in China in December

A new entry-level smartphone that is said to be pitting against the Redmi Note and Yu Yureka will be launched by Lenovo this year, and it will reportedly be unveiled during the 2015 International Consumer Electronics Show next week. 

According to reports, the Chinese tech giant will be unveiling their latest device said to be equipped with a 5-inch high definition IPS display featuring a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels with a pixel density of 294 ppi. It also has a 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor, as well as 16 GB of built-in storage with 1 GB RAM as well as an expandable memory card slot. It will also be released 4G LTE-ready. Moreover, the upcoming mobile device will have an 8-megapixel primary rear shooter as well as a 2-megapixel front facing camera. 

Reports are also saying that the upcoming release from Lenovo will be a rebranded device from the smartphone manufacturer, called the Lenovo K3, which was exclusively launched and sold in China earlier in December. 

The Chinese mobile brand will also release the new device at highly competitive prices. Once the company releases the smartphone in India, it will be given a price range of Rs 10,000 or below, which makes it fall under the same class as Xiaomi's and Micromax's budget-friendly smartphones. Lenovo's venture into the entry-level smartphone market comes after the company stated its intention to come up with a device that will compete with the widely successful releases of the Chinese phone manufacturer and India's leading consumer electronics company. 

Lenovo will also release a smartphone that will be exclusively available to the Chinese market, yet details about the said device are still scarce at the moment.

The Lenovo press launch is scheduled to take place at the CES 2015 event which will be held from Jan. 6 up to 9 in Las Vegas.

News
Traitors’ winner Harry Clark heads to Rome in new BBC documentary exploring faith in modern Britain
Traitors’ winner Harry Clark heads to Rome in new BBC documentary exploring faith in modern Britain

BBC Two and iPlayer are set to air a new one-hour documentary this Easter charting The Traitors’ winner Harry Clark’s personal pilgrimage from Slough to the Vatican

Christians welcome NI decision to pull out of puberty blocker trial
Christians welcome NI decision to pull out of puberty blocker trial

Nesbitt initially indicated that the province would join the trial.

EU Parliament condemns expulsion of foreign Christians in Turkey
EU Parliament condemns expulsion of foreign Christians in Turkey

Turkey has said the EU is interfering in its internal affairs.

Fewer Britons giving something up for Lent as cathedrals invite deeper reflection
Fewer Britons giving something up for Lent as cathedrals invite deeper reflection

The number of Britons giving something up for Lent has fallen sharply over the past decade, according to new research highlighting a significant shift in how the season is observed.