Anderson Silva, Jon Jones news: UFC fighters play-fight in the street

Jon Jones and Anderson Silva [photo: Twitter screen capture/@JonnyBones]

Two former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) champions, Anderson Silva and Jon Jones are expected to return in 2016, and it seems that the two did some light workouts as of late.

Jones is cleared to return at any time while Silva can return to the Octagon by February 2016. Of the two, only Jones seems to have a definite fight next year, and it will be against Daniel Cormier. Their much awaited rematch is believed to be happening at UFC 198 in April 2016.

On the other hand, it remains to be seen when Silva would make his return although UFC president Dana White seemed to have hinted that such could take place in March, with "The Spider" possibly facing Vitor Belfort once again. Belfort vs. Silva was mentioned as something possible by White via Fox Sports last month.

Silva is still serving his suspension for testing positive on banned substances after his return fight against Nick Diaz. He will be eligible to fight again after January 30, 2016.

With nothing definite for the two, keeping themselves in shape should be the logical thing to do at this point. And it just so happened that the two crossed paths recently and the two decided to do a sort of "study" sparring session in public.

The two fighters were in New York for a mixed martial arts (MMA) expo, which coincided with a rally to have the sport legalized over there. Until MMA fighting is legalized, UFC 198 remains in limbo and has yet to have an official venue.

For his part, UFC champion Cormier is not too keen on fighting Jones yet at UFC 198 this coming April. It seems he would rather face "Bones" at UFC 200 which, according to MMA Junkie will take place in July 2016, making the event quite a big one if such would be the case.

News
New Catholic head says lessons must be learned from abuse failings
New Catholic head says lessons must be learned from abuse failings

The newly installed Archbishop of Westminster has said the Church must learn from victims of sexual abuse.

Young adults abandon marriage as pensioners overtake under-25s - report
Young adults abandon marriage as pensioners overtake under-25s - report

The institution of marriage has undergone a dramatic transformation over the past five decades - particularly among young adults.

Iconic cathedral to run truth project during Lent
Iconic cathedral to run truth project during Lent

One of England’s most well-known, historic and picturesque cathedrals has announced plans to run a Lent series looking at truth in the modern world.