The 7-Ups (Encourage Yourself in the Lord)
1. Wake Up - Decide to have a good day. This is the day the LORD has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalms 118:24)
2. Dress Up - The best way to dress up is to put on a smile. A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks. "...For the LORD does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." (1 Samuel 16:7)
3. Shut Up - Say nice things and learn to listen. God gave us two ears and one mouth so He must have meant for us to do twice as much listening as talking. He who guards his mouth preserves his life, But he who opens wide his lips shall have destruction. (Proverbs 13:3) He who goes about as a talebearer reveals secrets; Therefore do not associate with one who flatters with his lips. (Proverbs 20:19) Listen to counsel and receive instruction, That you may be wise in your latter days. (Proverbs 19:20)
4. Stand Up - For what you believe in. Stand for something or you will fall for anything. And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith. (Galatians 6:9-10)
5. Look Up - To the Lord. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13)
6. Reach Up - For something higher. Always try to better yourself.
7. Lift Up - Your Prayers. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; (Philippians 4:6)