Zip-tied 4-year-old was tied to gate by cruel parents (video); left with bruises on wrists and arms
A North Carolina couple has been accused of using zip ties to tie their 4-year-old daughter's wrists and hands to a baby gate. Gerald Thomas Swinehart and Marlaine Victoria Coffey have been taken into police custody and remain prison as they face charges of intentional child abuse. The child has been taken away from their custody.
Swinehart, 26, is also accused of breaking her child's lower teeth after hitting her in the face earlier this year. She required medical attention but was not removed from her parent's home until March 31. Arrest warrants for the parents claimed that the girl suffered bruises to her wrists and ankles from the zip ties.
Coffey, 28, has been set at $50,000 bond. Swinehart's is set at $100,000. Both may face a long prison sentence for the alleged abuse if found guilty. Swinehart is charged with two counts of intentional abuse inflicting serious physical injury, and Coffey is charged with one count. It is not known whether the pair has attorneys to represent them.
Over 200 New Church Planters All Set To Begin Mission To Bring Gospel To Nepal: 'Strike While The Iron Is Hot'
A Christian organisation that seeks to spread God's Word to unreached areas of the world is all set to move forward with its outreach mission to Nepal, an overwhelmingly Hindu South Asian nation.
Proposed 'Safe Zone' For Christians In Iraq Draws This Question: Who Would Spread The Gospel To Muslims?
A "safe zone" to protect the persecuted Christians in Iraq sparked a lot of interest when it was proposed during a recent meeting in Washington D.C., participated in by Iraqi Christians, Yazidis and members of other religious minorities.
- How To Be A Really Bad Disciple
- Holy Fury: Why Christians Are Sometimes Just Too Nice
- When The Right Goes Bad: Why Christians Shouldn't Be Fooled By The 'Declaration Of Dependence '
- Should Christians Practise Yoga?
- How Can We Stop People Losing Their Faith?
- Why John Piper's View Of Christian Hierarchy Is Fundamentally Secular
- 10 Challenging Quotes From St Francis Of Assisi That Will Change The Way You View Faith
- Why Friendship Is A Better Investment Than Romance
- Can Christians Believe In Astrology?
- God Speaks To Iranian Teen, Compelling Him To Leave Islam To Follow Jesus Even At The Risk Of Death
- Former Buddhist Explains Why He Turned To Jesus: 'There Was Never A Personal Relationship With Any Of The Buddhas'
- Christians In China Forbidden From Singing Hymns And Praying
- More Christians Killed In Nigeria By Islamist Terrorists Of Boko Haram
- Shimon Peres, Lifelong Middle East Peace Campaigner, Dies At 93
- Archbishop Of Canterbury: Children Must Be Taught To Understand The Jihadist Mind