Zip-tied 4-year-old was tied to gate by cruel parents (video); left with bruises on wrists and arms
A North Carolina couple has been accused of using zip ties to tie their 4-year-old daughter's wrists and hands to a baby gate. Gerald Thomas Swinehart and Marlaine Victoria Coffey have been taken into police custody and remain prison as they face charges of intentional child abuse. The child has been taken away from their custody.
Swinehart, 26, is also accused of breaking her child's lower teeth after hitting her in the face earlier this year. She required medical attention but was not removed from her parent's home until March 31. Arrest warrants for the parents claimed that the girl suffered bruises to her wrists and ankles from the zip ties.
Coffey, 28, has been set at $50,000 bond. Swinehart's is set at $100,000. Both may face a long prison sentence for the alleged abuse if found guilty. Swinehart is charged with two counts of intentional abuse inflicting serious physical injury, and Coffey is charged with one count. It is not known whether the pair has attorneys to represent them.
Russell Moore has marked Martin Luther King Day in the US with a withering attack on white supremacy, calling it "cruelly cunning" and saying that America has a long way to go before achieving racial justice.
As Syria continues to be torn apart by civil conflict and the ongoing war against Islamic State, one church pastor says people are are still coming to faith in Jesus Christ.
- Why Are Evangelicals So Bad At Dealing With Doubt?
- 3 ways Jesus challenges authority
- Is Lindsay Lohan Converting To Islam? Actress Denies Move After Posting Arabic Peace Message On Social Media
- Four evangelistic approaches which probably don't work
- Christian Movie Producer Mark Burnett On Ben Hur And The Forgiveness Of Christ
- Christian Gospel Star Travis Greene To Perform At Donald Trump Inauguration
- Pendant Similar To That Worn By Anne Frank Unearthed In Nazi Concentration Camp
- Five Evangelistic Ideas That Might Actually Work
- 5 Ways To Cheer Up On Blue Monday
- Iraq Church Used As Shooting Range By ISIS Jihadis
- 'We See The Glass Half-Full': Aide To Palestinian President Welcomes Jared Kushner As Peace Envoy
- Christian Pastor Slams Germany's 'Kangaroo Court' Hearings Into Migrant Conversions
- South African Pastor Feeds Churchgoers Engine Fluid 'To Demonstrate The Power Of God'
- UN's Humanitarian Wing In Crisis As Major Cuts Follow Damning Review
- Religion, Faith Saw Drastic Decline Under President Obama, Pew Study Shows