Neil Armstrong EKG reading when he landed on the moon up for auction
Neil Armstrong's EKG readings will be amongst space and aviation artifacts being auctioned off at a New Hampshire auction house. Other items up for auction include a joystick controller that was operated by Apollo 11 astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins.
The first man on the moon's electrocardiogram of when he first set foot on the moon had registered a normal heartbeat. Armstrong made the historical step on the moon on July 20, 1969 and said the infamous words: "That's one small step for [a] man, one giant step for mankind." The online auction will take place May 16 to May 23.
Armstrong, an Ohio native, passed away in August 2012 at the age of 82 from heart compliations. He had received a bypass surgery to relieve blocked coronary arteries on August 7 but died August 25 due to complications.
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
His family released a statement after his death, describing him as a "reluctant American hero [who had] served his nation proudly, as a navy fighter pilot, test pilot, and astronaut ... While we mourn the loss of a very good man, we also celebrate his remarkable life and hope that it serves as an example to young people around the world to work hard to make their dreams come true, to be willing to explore and push the limits, and to selflessly serve a cause greater than themselves. For those who may ask what they can do to honor Neil, we have a simple request. Honor his example of service, accomplishment and modesty, and the next time you walk outside on a clear night and see the moon smiling down at you, think of Neil Armstrong and give him a wink."
Armstrong is survived by his second wife and two children with his first wife.
Jo Swinney offers three truths that have helped her during a time of uncertainty.
Our uniqueness gives us the beautiful opportunity to love and serve from our strengths not weaknesses, says Rachel Holmes.
- Faith, Hope, And Politics: The Book You Need To Read In 2017
- Would Jesus Burn The Stars And Stripes?
- 3 Biblical Truths To Stand On When The World Shakes
- 7 Tips For Making The Most Of A Short Term Mission Trip
- Thousands Sign Petitions In Support Of Fixer Upper Stars Chip And Joanna Gaines
- The Rapture In Three Weeks? This Christian Computer Scientist Thinks So
- Rare Wycliffe Bible Smashes Estimate, Sells For $1.7 Million
- Revelation 7: What's It Like In Heaven?
- Trump, Farage, Erdogan, Modi All Make TIME Person Of The Year Shortlist
- Assyrian Christians Explain Why They Are Prepared To Form A Militia To Stop ISIS
- Persecution Of Christians At An All-Time High In India: Has The World Stopped Caring?
- The Incredible Story Of How One Bishop Saved The Lives Of Over 200 Assyrian Christians
- Christians accused of proselytising in Nepal cleared of charges
- Christians Struggle to Live Normal Lives in India, But They're Determined to Persevere, Bishop Says
- Dying Young Girl Is Sent Off in a Blaze of Purple Lights By Neighbours on Her Way to Spend Christmas With Jesus