Madrid air show plane crash video: 3,000 spectators watch plane explode in flames - pilot dies
A jet plane crashed into a hangar and exploded into a ball of flames at an airshow near Madrid, Spain on Sunday.
The pilot died after suffering critical injuries.
35-year-old Ladislao Tejedor Romero died of his serious injuries and burns, according to an announcement by a spokesman for Spain's Defense Ministry. He was an experienced jet pilot who had served as an assistant to Defense Minister Pedor Morenes.
The plane exploded in front of 3,000 spectators who were watching the air show at Cuatro Vientos airfield. The historic plane that crashed was one of the first jet-propelled planes made in Spain.
The aircraft, a HA-200 Saeta, was built in the 1950s as an advanced jet trainer and later given a capability to attack, according to ministry spokesman Alfredo Florenza.
Footage of the plane diving and crashing into buildings has been caught on camera. Despite the severity of the crash, no one else was severely injured in the incident.
The pilot's father reportedly had an anxiety attack after witnessing the attack, and was transferred to hospital, according to Europa Press.
The cause of the crash is not yet known.
Here are seven important facts everyone should be aware of regarding Zika Virus.
An evangelical pastor spanked women's bare bottoms to administer "spiritual discipline", a court has been told.
- Billy Graham: 5 ways Christians can cope with the 'violence and destruction' all around
- Why we should think twice before singing 'Great is thy faithfulness'
- 'Hold onto Jesus' says priest and recovering alcoholic in video published after his death
- The Holocaust survivors who the Pope met at Auschwitz-Birkenau today
- Tim LaHaye and the end times: What should we believe about the end of the world?
- Analysis: How Hillary Clinton's abortion platform is the most liberal in Democrat history
- Jairus' daughter and the sick woman: What links these two stories?
- Finding Dory review: Beautiful and hilarious but too dangerous for my 10-year-old and 93,468 other children
- Who's backing Trump and who's for Clinton? The battle for evangelical endorsements
- 'Soul' leaving a body in China hospital captured on video?
- Turkey's President Erdogan claims West failed to show solidarity over coup attempt
- North Korea bans imports with markings resembling a cross
- Russian humanitarian operation in Syria may be 'ruse', US says
- U.S. President Barack Obama's Muslim half brother Malik says he's voting for Donald Trump
- Religious accommodations available at Rio Olympics: 5 major faiths to have their own space for worship