Madrid air show plane crash video: 3,000 spectators watch plane explode in flames - pilot dies
A jet plane crashed into a hangar and exploded into a ball of flames at an airshow near Madrid, Spain on Sunday.
The pilot died after suffering critical injuries.
35-year-old Ladislao Tejedor Romero died of his serious injuries and burns, according to an announcement by a spokesman for Spain's Defense Ministry. He was an experienced jet pilot who had served as an assistant to Defense Minister Pedor Morenes.
The plane exploded in front of 3,000 spectators who were watching the air show at Cuatro Vientos airfield. The historic plane that crashed was one of the first jet-propelled planes made in Spain.
The aircraft, a HA-200 Saeta, was built in the 1950s as an advanced jet trainer and later given a capability to attack, according to ministry spokesman Alfredo Florenza.
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
Footage of the plane diving and crashing into buildings has been caught on camera. Despite the severity of the crash, no one else was severely injured in the incident.
The pilot's father reportedly had an anxiety attack after witnessing the attack, and was transferred to hospital, according to Europa Press.
The cause of the crash is not yet known.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- The Rapture In Three Weeks? This Christian Computer Scientist Thinks So
- Rare Wycliffe Bible Smashes Estimate, Sells For $1.7 Million
- Revelation 7: What's It Like In Heaven?
- Trump, Farage, Erdogan, Modi All Make TIME Person Of The Year Shortlist
- 6 Worships Songs You Might Not Know, But Should
- After Trump, What Now For Christians In America? Obama Faith Advisor Speaks Out
- From Bethlehem To Bedford: What If Mary And Joseph Were 21st Century Refugees?
- 10 Brilliant Ways To Countdown To Christmas With Your Kids
- No Women Speakers At Your Christian Event? Here's How That Could Change
- World Council Of Churches Activist Refused Entry To Israel And Deported
- Burqa Ban In Germany 'Wherever Legally Possible', Says Merkel
- 'Notional Christian' Vote Was The Key To Donald Trump Election Victory
- Mexico 'In Denial' Over Thousands Of Evangelicals Forced Out Of Homes
- Too Many Left Behind By Globalisation, Says Bank Of England's Mark Carney
- Christian Artists Threatened With Fines and Jail Time for Refusing to Make Gay Wedding Invitations