Jermaine Dupri backward pants PHOTO at Kriss Kross' Chris Kelly funeral (VIDEO)
Jermaine Dupri attended the funeral of the late Kris Kross rapper Chris Kelly wearing his pants backwards as a tribute to him.
Chris Kelly, 34, was found dead May 1 of a suspected drug overdose. The sudden death of the Kriss Kross rapper had shocked his family and friends.
Kelly's funeral was held in Atlanta on May 9 at Jackson Baptist Memorial Church, attended by 300 friends, family and entertainers.
Kriss Kross hip hop partner Chris Smith remembered him in a tearful speech. "It's been a struggle for me every day, but there was a peace that came over me this morning because I know he's in heaven," Smith said, according to CBS. "We had so many memories. He was a true friend. He wanted to see if I was all right. So I just want to say I love you, man, and I'll miss you."
Kelly and Smith rose to worldwide fame in 1992 with their hit "Jump." They were discovered by Jermaine Dupri while they were performing in a shopping mall in Atlanta.
Kelly's mother, Donna Kelly Pratte, wept throughout the funeral and pleaded for the church deacons to not close the coffin on her child. She screamed, "Please don't close it. Please don't close it on my baby."
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
Kelly was known as "Mac Daddy" and Smith as "Daddy Mac". They were known for wearing their pants backwards, sparking a brief national trend.
"Jump" was their first and most successful song. Their debut album "Totally Krossed Out" went multiplatinum in 1992.
See the photo of Dupri wearing his pants backwards at Kelly's funeral HERE.
Watch Chris Kelly's funeral in the video below:
More than 33,000 people have signed a petition that defends the conservative view on same-sex marriage taken by the pastor of HGTV stars Chip and Joanna Gaines of Fixer Upper. More than 86,000 have signed another petition calling on HGTV to keep airing the show.
Justin Bieber appeared to be in a "joking" mood, but what he said during a concert in London last week still struck a chord.
- Thousands Sign Petitions In Support Of Fixer Upper Stars Chip And Joanna Gaines
- The Rapture In Three Weeks? This Christian Computer Scientist Thinks So
- Rare Wycliffe Bible Smashes Estimate, Sells For $1.7 Million
- Revelation 7: What's It Like In Heaven?
- Trump, Farage, Erdogan, Modi All Make TIME Person Of The Year Shortlist
- 6 Worships Songs You Might Not Know, But Should
- After Trump, What Now For Christians In America? Obama Faith Advisor Speaks Out
- From Bethlehem To Bedford: What If Mary And Joseph Were 21st Century Refugees?
- 10 Brilliant Ways To Countdown To Christmas With Your Kids
- World Council Of Churches Activist Refused Entry To Israel And Deported
- Burqa Ban In Germany 'Wherever Legally Possible', Says Merkel
- 'Notional Christian' Vote Was The Key To Donald Trump Election Victory
- Mexico 'In Denial' Over Thousands Of Evangelicals Forced Out Of Homes
- Too Many Left Behind By Globalisation, Says Bank Of England's Mark Carney
- Christian Artists Threatened With Fines and Jail Time for Refusing to Make Gay Wedding Invitations