'Real Housewives of Atlanta' season 8: NeNe Leakes wants cast revamp if she returns

NeNe Leakes Wikipedia

NeNe Leakes is willing to stay in The Real Housewives of Atlanta "until the wheels fall off," but under one condition.

The 47-year-old reality star said that she would gladly return to the hit Bravo show if the network executives will fire the show's unmarried ladies who she believes are the ones who bring the negative vibes on the show.

"The show is called 'Housewives,' isn't it? So you need to be married to be on the show," Leakes said during her interview with Live! with Kelly and Michael on Monday.

If she would get her way, it means that series regulars Kenya Moore, Claudia Jordan, Phaedra Parks, and recurring cast mate Porsha Williams will be booted out of the show.

Leakes herself had been married to her real estate investor husband Gregg Leakes twice. One was in 1997 but they were separated and divorced in 2011. Yet the two got back together and remarried in 2013. The couple have a 16-year-old son Brentt, and she has a 26-year-old son named Bryson from a previous relationship.

She also expressed the same opinion when she visited the New York office of Us Weekly, saying that she would be willing to return for the show's eighth season but she could not do it around negative people.

"[There are] people who come on the show...willing to do anything," the Broadway actress-fashion designer said. "I want to work with people who have some respect and some limitations!"

Leakes never hid the fact that she was irritated with how the past season of the Real Housewives of Atlanta focused on the constant confrontations between the cast members of the show, including Moore and Williams.

"I would be happy to come back if we could find the right girls," Leakes added. "If the show stays this way, I can't see myself doing it...who wants to work in a stressful environment?"

The seventh season of The Real Housewives of Atlanta recently concluded, and it will air the second and third part of their reunion special on May 3 and May 10 respectively.

News
Traitors’ winner Harry Clark heads to Rome in new BBC documentary exploring faith in modern Britain
Traitors’ winner Harry Clark heads to Rome in new BBC documentary exploring faith in modern Britain

BBC Two and iPlayer are set to air a new one-hour documentary this Easter charting The Traitors’ winner Harry Clark’s personal pilgrimage from Slough to the Vatican

Christians welcome NI decision to pull out of puberty blocker trial
Christians welcome NI decision to pull out of puberty blocker trial

Nesbitt initially indicated that the province would join the trial.

EU Parliament condemns expulsion of foreign Christians in Turkey
EU Parliament condemns expulsion of foreign Christians in Turkey

Turkey has said the EU is interfering in its internal affairs.

Fewer Britons giving something up for Lent as cathedrals invite deeper reflection
Fewer Britons giving something up for Lent as cathedrals invite deeper reflection

The number of Britons giving something up for Lent has fallen sharply over the past decade, according to new research highlighting a significant shift in how the season is observed.