'John Wick' 2 movie sequel in development

 Facebook/johnwickmovie

"John Wick," the 2014 American thriller film directed by Chad Stahelski and David Leitch, has been confirmed to be getting a sequel, thanks to the amount of financial success that it was able to stack up on a budget of just $20 million. 

"We're in development right now," Stahelski told Movies.com. "We have ideas for days and without blinking twice we know we can outdo the action from the original."

The original film stars Keanu Reeves, who plays the role of retired hitman John Wick. He seeks retribution against the people who had taken everything that he holds dear.

"It's the matter of story and how much you like the character. That's always the most important. If there's great action but you have a character that no one likes and doesn't have charisma, you're not going to watch it ..." Stahelski said. "So we want to make sure we have a story and a character that everybody loves and then we'll dress it with action that we promise will be awesome."

Reeves certainly has the charisma to draw in the audience, and he is one cool customer who can effectively pull off adrenaline-pumping action sequences. However, there is no information yet on whether or not he will be reprising his role as John Wick. But considering how successful the original film is, it can be speculated that fans would want him to return as the primary protagonist in the sequel.  

Stahelski did say, "If we could work with Keanu Reeves for 10 movies you'd have a really cool career."

"John Wick" was released in movie theatres on Oct. 24 last year, and apart from garnering a box office revenue of $78.7 million, the film was also able to accumulate an 83 percent rating from the review aggregator website, Rotten Tomatoes

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.