Ubisoft predicts new Sony and Microsoft consoles coming after two years

Ubisoft predicts that the next-generation video game consoles will arrive in about two more years. This indicates that the Sony PlayStation 5 and Microsoft's new Xbox could arrive around December 2019 or in early 2020.

During an investors' call, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said, as reported by Gamespot, "As Sony launched PlayStation 4 Pro last year and Microsoft Xbox One X this year, we think we still have minimum of two years in front of us before something new is coming."

Guillemot also indicated that Sony and Microsoft are still in the middle of maximizing their current consoles before pursuing new ones.

"We really like the fact that Sony and Microsoft are really putting more power in their machines," he added.

Guillemot made it clear that his comment is based on his own speculation without the influence of insiders' information.

There are different speculations among video game experts about the release of Sony and Microsoft's new consoles. During an interview with Gamingbolt, Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter shared his prediction about the next Sony gaming console.

"My expectation that is that it's not coming out in 2018. That is a 2019 or 2020 but probably 2019," he stated.

Many experts believe that it would take many years for Sony and Microsoft to develop video game consoles better than the PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X. Especially with Microsoft describing the Xbox One X as "The World's Most Powerful Console."

The Xbox One X was released on Nov. 7 while several video game exclusives for the PlayStation 4 are coming in 2018. So far, Sony and Microsoft have made no comment about future consoles and their plans.

November is a big month for both Xbox and PlayStation players with new game releases. Xbox One is also offering discounted video game deals to their players.

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.