'The Last of Us: Part 2' updates: Latest trailer reveals darker storyline for the game

Promotional photo for upcoming video game "The Last of Us: Part II" Facebook/naughtydog

The latest trailer of the upcoming survival horror video game "The Last of Us: Part II" revealed a gruesome and terrifying sequel. Sony released the trailer during the first day of Paris Games Week on Oct. 30. There are still no announcements when the game will be released. There are still no updates about the game mechanics and gameplay of the sequel.

During a PlayStation Experience panel discussion last year, "The Last of Us" director Neil Druckmann mentioned that the sequel will revolve around hate. However, many critics and fans agree that the latest trailer exceeded hate and presented a more horrifying storyline. According to Polygon, the trailer was hard to watch with the dead bodies, bashing of a little girl's hand, and other elements.

The video featured four new characters, namely Emily, Yara, Leb, and an adult woman. The trailer showed gruesome content with dead bodies, hammering a little girl's arm, and more. The video ended with Emily dead and the three remaining being attacked by a group of Infected. There are no further details about these characters and the role they will play in the sequel. The reveal trailer released in 2016 featured an older Ellie with a tattoo and Joel.

 Several forums and articles online are speculating if the woman in the video was Ellie's mother due to some similarities in appearance. However, there are no further details provided by Sony nor the game's developer, Naughty Dog.

The remastered version of "The Last of Us" received a perfect 10 out of 10 score from IGN and 95% rating from Metacritic. The game also garnered over 160 Game of the Year awards. It was truly a big success for Sony and Naughty Dog. The story of the sequel will revolve around Ellie, who is now 19 years old and still accompanied by his guardian Joel. 

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.