Kidnapped Christian schoolgirls in Nigeria 'converted' to Islam in video released by Boko Haram

Kidnapped Nigerian school girls shown in video released by Boko Haram

A new video has been released by Nigerian terror group Boko Haram, which seemingly shows over 100 kidnapped girls abducted from a Christian school last month praying to Allah.

The girls can be seen wearing grey attire and praying in the some-what lengthy 27 minute video.

In the video, Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau says that the Christian girls have converted to Islam. The young girls can been chanting, "Praise be to Allah, the lord of the world."

A few of the girls 'testify' in the video that they have converted to Islam.

In the video, which emerged Monday, Shekau says: "These girls, these girls you occupy yourselves with... we have indeed liberated them. These girls have become Muslims."

The leader then says he would swap the kidnapped schoolgirls for imprisoned militants.

Last year, the U.S. put a bounty on Shekau's head for $7 million.

The video is the first footage and sighting of the missing schoolgirls that were kidnapped from Chibok, Nigeria, on April 14.

276 of the kidnapped girls remain missing.

The United States, Britain and France have come together in an effort to help Nigeria free the schoolgirls. Over 50 military personnel and advisors are currently based at the Nigerian Embassy to advise and assist with the search.

Boko Haram is responsible for a number of attacks in Nigeria and is believed to have killed over 1,500 people this year alone.

Watch the video released by Boko Haram alleging to show the kidnapped girls below:

Newsletter Stay up to date with Christian Today
News
A three day journey by canoe to receive life-saving treatment from Mercy Ships
A three day journey by canoe to receive life-saving treatment from Mercy Ships

Most Madagascans cannot afford surgery, even on the rare occasions its available.

Drought insurance helps Nepal families survive food crisis
Drought insurance helps Nepal families survive food crisis

An innovative drought insurance scheme has provided emergency support to hundreds of vulnerable farming families in western Nepal

Britain has become ‘dangerously complacent’ over family breakdown
Britain has become ‘dangerously complacent’ over family breakdown

Dr Harry Benson, Research Director at the Marriage Foundation, said the latest official data on families and households pointed to a “profound social change” that had received little public attention despite long-term consequences for family stability and child wellbeing.

Church of Scotland issues slavery apology
Church of Scotland issues slavery apology

The Church of Scotland General Assembly said it was “grieved beyond telling” for the suffering inflicted.