'John Wick' 2 movie sequel in development

 Facebook/johnwickmovie

"John Wick," the 2014 American thriller film directed by Chad Stahelski and David Leitch, has been confirmed to be getting a sequel, thanks to the amount of financial success that it was able to stack up on a budget of just $20 million. 

"We're in development right now," Stahelski told Movies.com. "We have ideas for days and without blinking twice we know we can outdo the action from the original."

The original film stars Keanu Reeves, who plays the role of retired hitman John Wick. He seeks retribution against the people who had taken everything that he holds dear.

"It's the matter of story and how much you like the character. That's always the most important. If there's great action but you have a character that no one likes and doesn't have charisma, you're not going to watch it ..." Stahelski said. "So we want to make sure we have a story and a character that everybody loves and then we'll dress it with action that we promise will be awesome."

Reeves certainly has the charisma to draw in the audience, and he is one cool customer who can effectively pull off adrenaline-pumping action sequences. However, there is no information yet on whether or not he will be reprising his role as John Wick. But considering how successful the original film is, it can be speculated that fans would want him to return as the primary protagonist in the sequel.  

Stahelski did say, "If we could work with Keanu Reeves for 10 movies you'd have a really cool career."

"John Wick" was released in movie theatres on Oct. 24 last year, and apart from garnering a box office revenue of $78.7 million, the film was also able to accumulate an 83 percent rating from the review aggregator website, Rotten Tomatoes

Newsletter Stay up to date with Christian Today
News
Royal College of Nursing criticised for display of trans flag
Royal College of Nursing criticised for display of trans flag

Typically a flag denotes the ownership of a tribe or group over an area.

Christians call for ceasefire amid DRC's Ebola crisis
Christians call for ceasefire amid DRC's Ebola crisis

So far 131 people have been killed by the outbreak.

Without a culture shift, Christian street preachers will continue to be arrested
Without a culture shift, Christian street preachers will continue to be arrested

Christian street preachers are almost invariably arrested under a section of law that was originally intended to deal with football hooliganism.

Thoughts on Ruth
Thoughts on Ruth

Jewish academic and Hebrew scholar Irene Lancaster reflects on poor judges and famine through the lens of the book of Ruth.