'Batman v Superman' movie update: Henry Cavill denies rumors that film will be split in two

 Warner Bros.

It was rumored over the weekend that the upcoming American superhero film featuring DC Comics characters Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman would be divided into two films. The first installment, said to bear the title "Batman v Superman: Enter the Knight," would be released on Oct. 23 this year, while the second part of the movie, titled "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice," would hit theaters on its original date, March 25, 2016. 

However, according to a recent report by ComicBook.com, Henry Cavill a.k.a. Superman denied the rumors.  

Variety's New York film editor Ramin Setoodeh rubbed elbows with the Man of Steel at the BAFTA Tea Party and asked about the reports.  He tweeted, "Henry Cavill says 'Batman v Superman' won't be split into two movies."

The rumors stemmed from an image that was allegedly snapped from the end of the upcoming movie's teaser trailer. The image's details, as shared by Ain't It Cool News, shows that there are two parts to the movie. 

What isn't rumor is that the "Man of Steel" sequel will welcome Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/ Batman, Gal Gadot as Diana/ Wonder Woman, and Jesse Eisenberg ("The Social Network") as the menacing yet intellectually capable Lex Luthor. The film will also welcome back Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Diane Lane as Martha Kent, and Laurence Fishburne as Perry White.

The sequel was announced at the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con International event, shortly after the release of "Man of Steel." Director Zack Snyder was already tapped to spearhead the project, and principal photography commenced in May 2014. Warner Bros. also announced last year that it is already gearing up to release more films featuring characters from the DC universe, including "Wonder Woman," "The Flash," and "Aquaman." 

"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" will first make its way to the United States on March 25, 2016 and will be available in 3D.

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.