Royal baby due date imminent: Kate Middleton to give birth by end of week
The royal baby due date is imminent, as Kate Middleton is reportedly 3 days overdue. However, some sources say July 15 was her due date, which means she is just one day overdue.
Media from around the world have been camped outside of St Mary's hospital in London in anticipation of the impending arrival of the royal baby girl or boy.
The Duchess of Cambridge had traveled to be with her family on the weekend many believed to be her official due date to escape soaring temperatures in the country. Prince William was spotted playing polo with Prince Harry over the weekend, suggesting that the baby's due date is still a few days, or even a week, away.
According to latest rumors, a source close to the Duchess of Cornwall Camilla reportedly said that the baby is expected by the end of this week. The baby will reportedly be delivered by the Queen's former gynecologist, Marcus Setchell, along with her current gynecologist, Alan Farthing.
The exact due date has been hidden from the world media, and Middleton has been out of the public view since her last official public engagement on June 13. The Duchess of Cambridge was last seen publicly in Southampton, England when she christened the Royal Princess, the latest ocean liner from Princess Cruises.
When the Duchess finally goes into labor, she will be wheeled into the private Lindo Wing of the hospital. The progress of her labor will not be updated to the press, and the Queen will be the first to receive the news of the birth of the future heir to Britain's throne. The news of the birth of the baby will first be reported to the Queen before any official announcement is made. An aide from the hospital will carry a piece of paper with details of the baby's gender, weight and time of birth, which will then be taken to Buckingham Palace. The official notice will be put on an easel on the forecourt of the Palace for the world to see before the Palace's official Twitter feed sends out the news.
The soon-to-be-parents have not revealed the gender of the baby yet. Punters have been betting on everything from the sex, birthdate, and name of the baby.
A high-speed helicopter has been put on standby so that Prince William can be flown from his RAF base to be by Middleton's side in London when she goes into labor. The Duke, who works as a rescue pilot in Anglesey, has reportedly promised to be by her side when the time comes.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- Is Justin Bieber quitting world tour to start his own church?
- Why we must open them every day: our 5-point plan to save Britain's churches
- Godfulness: What the Church can learn from a new (but old) kind of meditation
- What did Jesus mean when he condemned those who make children 'stumble'?
- Amazing Grace: 7 quotes from the slaver-turned-preacher John Newton
- WANTED: Christian coders, techies and creatives. The CofE is inviting you to its first 'digital lab'
- Already worrying about Halloween and 'trick-or-treat'? This Christian charity has answers
- Pioneer ministry: How a new generation of ministers is changing the face of mission
- How Christian and other faith communities are rebuilding trust in times of crisis
- Stage is set for the end times, believes John Hagee
- Israel removes metal detectors from Jerusalem mosque following bloody clashes; Palestine demands further repeal
- Anglican leader in Jamaica breaks ranks by calling for legalisation of sodomy
- Islamist militants in Kenya went house to house killing Christians
- Vatican shuts down fountains amid Italy drought, in line with Pope Francis' environment teachings
- Victory for campaigners as US judge blocks attempt to deport Iraqi Christians