* Partner Post
There are various non-invasive treatments that are currently available to make the skin feel and look younger. These include skin needling, which refers to a procedure that is widely used to address imperfections like uneven pigmentation, dark spots and wrinkles. Many people have been opting for skin needling over the years because more individuals seek effective alternatives to plastic surgery or dermabrasion.
Skin needling has also gained popularity rapidly because it is known for minimal side effects as well as being a procedure that can be carried out fast with no need for admission or an inpatient basis. The innovative technique is useful for treating a variety of skin issues like dark patches, acne scars and wrinkles.
During treatment, fine, slim needles are usually pushed below the skin's surface to cause what is commonly known as a micro wound. Creating these wounds causes the natural defense mechanism of the body to be triggered. The body starts producing collagen, capillaries and new skin cells that help to repair the damage.
- Skin needling facilitates a natural repair process that eventually results in firmer, plumper and younger looking skin. This is mainly attributed to the collagen growth that reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
- This type of procedure should ideally be handled by qualified and reputable skin care specialists within a clinical setting or environment and hospitalization is not usually required.
- The needles used during treatment vary in terms of construction, length and size, according to the intensity and type of treatment that a person needs. Learn more about Dermapen here.
Many individuals who aspire for younger skin or treating imperfections on exposed skin such as the face are choosing this treatment solution because it offers several advantages in comparison to other procedures that deal with similar issues.
- Unlike invasive treatments, deep chemical peels or dermabrasion, skin needling provides a safe option and does not expose the skin to harm the way other procedures often do.
- This treatment has fewer side effects and is also less painful when compared to other techniques that are used to tighten or smoothen out the skin on the face. Since the skin specialist usually uses numbing agents before the needles makes it way into the epidermis, many patients do not feel any sensation.
- Skin needling treatments are also ideal for various skin types, including for those individuals who have sensitive skin.
- Skin needling can be performed on virtually any part of the face, unlike chemical treatments, because of its minimally invasive nature.
Effects of Skin Needling
The skin needling procedure is fast and patients can expect to notice an instant improvement in the quality and texture of their skin. This is due to the needles that stimulate existing collagen while promoting the production of new collagen.
- Microneedling or skin needling helps to minimize acne scars that are usually difficult to treat.
- Skin needling gets rid of blackheads during the procedure.
- Microneedling can help to treat and prevent acne.
- Skin needling exfoliates the skin by removing the layer of dead skin cells, which makes your skin look smooth and fresh almost immediately.
- Skin needling reduces wrinkles and fine lines.