'Attack on Titan' season 2 news - series officially listed for 2016 release

Attack on Titan Wit Studio

It was previously reported that "Attack on Titan" season 2 is delayed due to Wit Studio primarily focusing on "Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress," a show which premiered this past Saturday, April 23. However, a report from MNR Daily reveals that Wit Studio has just listed "Attack on Titan" season 2 confirming that it will launch later this year.

According to the report, the updated list was first posted by Twitter user Shonen_lord aka Anime/Sports Updates. The initial post "Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress" will only run for 12 episodes and will be immediately followed by the launch of "Attack on Titan" season 2.

If the episodes of the anime are released on a weekly basis then this would mean "Attack on Titan" season 2 could launch as early as mid-July. However, it is likely that the networks will take some time off first, pushing "Attack on Titan" season 2 to late July or August. 

This will stick true to the original intention of releasing the anime in the summer or early fall, despite having to delay the season to prioritize "Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress." It has also given time to allow series creator Hajime Isayama to continue working on the manga, ensuring that the anime will never overpass its events.

It is also undetermined how many episodes season 2 will have although it is widely speculated that it will follow in the footsteps of season 1 and have a total of 25 episodes. This may be sufficient for it to cover enough of the material from the manga source material without overtaking the events from the manga.

As stated in the report, no official plot synopsis has yet been released but if the anime closely follows what took place in the manga then season 2 will delve deeper into the political landscape of the world and how the royal family may be tied to the origins of the titular Titans.

News
New Catholic head says lessons must be learned from abuse failings
New Catholic head says lessons must be learned from abuse failings

The newly installed Archbishop of Westminster has said the Church must learn from victims of sexual abuse.

Young adults abandon marriage as pensioners overtake under-25s - report
Young adults abandon marriage as pensioners overtake under-25s - report

The institution of marriage has undergone a dramatic transformation over the past five decades - particularly among young adults.

Iconic cathedral to run truth project during Lent
Iconic cathedral to run truth project during Lent

One of England’s most well-known, historic and picturesque cathedrals has announced plans to run a Lent series looking at truth in the modern world.