'Arrow' season 4 spoilers, plot: More evidence that Oliver Queen will be Green Arrow
Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) retired as the vigilante Arrow in "Arrow" season 3 and to the public's eye, Roy Harper (Colton Haynes) was the masked vigilante. Oliver ended season 3 driving into the sunset with Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards), but new evidence has surfaced indicating he will return, only this time, he will be the Green Arrow.
According to a report from Cinema Blend, series executive producer Marc Guggenheim posted an image via Twitter revealing the title of the premiere episode. The episode is titled "Green Arrow" and is going to be in production until July 23. The title alone reveals Oliver's return but under a new alias and a new costume.
The new costume was revealed at this year's San Diego Comic-Con. It does away with the sleeves and now sports more armor compared to Oliver's original leather costume. The new look is also more in line with the New 52 design of Green Arrow as seen in current DC comic books.
When season 3 ended, Amell confirmed he wouldn't be donning the old suit again and that he was not returning as Arrow. It all makes sense now given that he is going to be known as the Green Arrow, with a new suit and a lighter tone compared to the dark and brooding nature he had in the past three seasons.
The report from Cinema Blend also points out that this isn't the first time Oliver Queen changed his alias on the show. Back in season 1 and 2, he was known as the Hood until he was officially known as the Arrow. Roy Harper took the alias, cleaning Oliver Queen of any suspicion from the public's eye.
With a new identity, new suit, and a revitalized Team Arrow, Oliver Queen will have to face Damien Dahrk in season 4, a villain hinted at during the season 3 finale.
"Arrow" season 4 premieres this Oct. 7.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- What's really wrong with what Katie Hopkins said about Manchester
- The one thing we need to pray for after Manchester
- After Manchester, 6 commandments for social media
- When Santa punched a heretic: Who was Saint Nicholas?
- WATCH: Pastor claims to be speaking to 'God' and 'Heaven' on his cell phone
- Thousands of Russian Orthodox faithful revere relics of St Nicholas in historic display
- Pope Francis: I was nicknamed 'stiff leg' during football at school
- How Martin Luther changed the world: 500 years of Protestantism
- The doctor who gave up his comfortable life for people with leprosy: 'Being out of my comfort zone has forced us to trust God.'
- All smiles as Pope Francis meets with Donald Trump at the Vatican
- Britain deploys troops after Manchester attack, threat level raised to 'critical'
- Blessed are the peacemakers: the opportunities that exist for Pope Francis and Donald Trump
- Archbishops of Canterbury and York urge Manchester: 'Please do not be divided'
- Trump in Israel pays tribute to victims of Holocaust, 'history's darkest hour'
- 'I forgive and accept': Christian former governor of Jakarta withdraws appeal over imprisonment for 'insulting Islam'