Taylor Swift vs David Mueller update: DJ claims he already had sent $1 to singer

Former Colorado disc jockey David Mueller claimed that he had already sent $1 to Taylor Swift after the "Gorgeous" singer had won a case against Mueller in August.  

Mueller, in a letter to The Associated Press, said that he already gave Swift what is due to her, which she had asked in the case stemming from a groping incident. He reportedly sent a Sacagawea coin to the 27-year-old singer via mail on Nov. 28 after she gave an interview. This action was seen by many as a jab at the singer.

This came at a time when the Grammy award-winning songwriter was chosen as one of TIME's Person of the Year, alongside Ashley Judd and many others dubbed as the "Silence Breakers," called as such as they had spoken out of their silence about their harrowing experiences. This was also at a time when celebrities had taken a stand against sexual harassers and abusers.

"To this day he has not paid me that dollar, and I think that act of defiance is symbolic in itself," Swift said on Nov. 28 with TIME.

It can be remembered that the "Reputation" singer had filed a case against Mueller in summer after the latter allegedly groped Swift at the backstage of a meet and greet in 2013. According to Swift, the DJ had taken advantage of a photo-op to grab her behind by reaching under her skirt.

The DJ first sued the "Bad Blood" singer for $3 million, saying that Swift had false accusations thrown at him. But, the singer would simply not let this one go and countersued Mueller with a "symbolic $1."

In August, Denver jury ruled that the incident had indeed taken place, which meant that Swift ought to get her money from the DJ.

Newsletter Stay up to date with Christian Today
News
Holy Land leader welcomes release of Palestinian Anglican held by Israel
Holy Land leader welcomes release of Palestinian Anglican held by Israel

Many of the details surrounding Layan Nasir's case remain unclear.

Government fund for historic churches opens for submissions
Government fund for historic churches opens for submissions

The government's handling of funding for historic churches has been criticised.

‘We’ve had nothing like this’ - over 30,000 attend historic Franklin Graham evangelical gathering in Belarus
‘We’ve had nothing like this’ - over 30,000 attend historic Franklin Graham evangelical gathering in Belarus

The two-day “Festival of Hope”, organised by Franklin Graham and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA), drew almost 31,000 people to Chizhovka Arena in the Belarusian capital.

Despite minor improvements, Saudi Arabia remains a tough place for Christians
Despite minor improvements, Saudi Arabia remains a tough place for Christians

Officially, conversion from Islam carries the death penalty.