'Rules of Survival' tournament tempts gamers with $650,000 prize money

Screenshot of "Rules of Survival's" title screen Screenshot/Nestor Nachura

Following its successful launch last month, survival shooting game "Rules of Survival" looks to give back the support it has received from players all over the world by holding its first ever world championship tournament and give away as much as $650,000 in total prize money.

The official announcement was made early this month with the registration period being on Dec. 20 up until Dec. 27 in order to allow players time to qualify for the tournament.

The world championship is open to all players aged 17 and above. It was announced in the game's official website that players must have reached the "Silver III" rank and above would qualify for the competition. The "Silver III" rank can be obtained over time simply by playing the game. Winning or losing each game will affect how fast the players will rank up.

The players must also group themselves into four-man teams, and all players from the team must have the same nationality. This is because the first part of the tournament will be divided into three countries: Europe, Asia, and America — all of which compose the three main servers of the game.

Each server will give away a total of $60,000 dollars to the winning participants, with the champions of their respective countries taking home $30,000.

The champions from each country will then be invited to China, where the game's developer NetEase is based, to fight each other and nine host teams. This final battle will determine the team that will be crowned the first ever "Rules of Survival" world champions and take home the grand prize of $476,000.

"Rules of Survival" is a Massive Multiplayer Online (MMO) mobile game released on Nov. 14 for Android and iOS by NetEase games. It follows a battle royal style of play similar to "Player Unknown's Battlegrounds" on Xbox One and Microsoft Windows.

News
The groundbreaking BBC series that brought Jesus to TV screens
The groundbreaking BBC series that brought Jesus to TV screens

Seventy years ago, in February 1956, the BBC aired the mini-series “Jesus of Nazareth”, which was the first filming of the life of Jesus to be created for television. This is the story …

Christians mobilised to oppose extreme abortion law changes
Christians mobilised to oppose extreme abortion law changes

Christians are being asked to urge peers to support amendments tabled by Baronesses Monckton and Stroud.

Thousands of Christians return to churches in north-east Nigeria despite years of terror
Thousands of Christians return to churches in north-east Nigeria despite years of terror

The faithful are returning “in their thousands, not hundreds” despite more than a decade of brutal violence.

Trump is '100 per cent' more spiritual after assassination attempt, says pastor friend
Trump is '100 per cent' more spiritual after assassination attempt, says pastor friend

Trump's pastor and friend Mark Burns said the US President knows "the hand of God' was on him when he survived the 2024 assassination attempt.