'Attack on Titan' season 3 release date news update: To premiere in July 2018

It has been confirmed that the hit anime series "Attack on Titan" will release its third installment in July 2018, but the exact date has not yet been revealed. Previously, many fans were doubtful that the third season was already under development as the airing of ''Attack on Titan'' season 2 was delayed for some time.

Even though the exact release date remains unknown, according to the official Twitter account of ''Attack on Titan," the season 3 of the hit manga, which is based on a manga series of the same name, will air in Japan on NHK General TV.

【Season3放送情報解禁】
TVアニメ「進撃の巨人」Season 3
NHK総合にて2018年7月放送予定!
全国の皆さんにもご覧いただけることになりました!引き続き、応援のほど、よろしくお願いします!https://t.co/XFARQfObDS#shingeki pic.twitter.com/XiIzYIX6su

— アニメ「進撃の巨人」公式アカウント (@anime_shingeki) January 24, 2018

Since several posters have already been released, Comic Book did a roundup of speculations on what will happen in the upcoming season. According to its report, Eren will again be kidnapped and will be brought to the Reiss family chapel set in a large cavern.

"Attack on Titan" season 3 poster Twitter/anime_shingeki

The report added that Eren will be abducted by King Rod Reiss and his daughter Historia. King Rod is planning to have Eren eaten by his daughter in order for her to become a Titan Shifter. Since Eren has coordinates inside his body, King Rod will have to get this back to locate the weapon.

Aside from this hostage scene, a new character in the name of Kenny Ackerman will be introduced. The character has big role to play since he will be the one revealing the corrupt nature of Rod Reiss. He will also be presented as a past notorious killer before becoming part of the Military Police Brigade and the Anti-Personnel Control Squad.

The information given should all be taken with a grain of salt since there is no confirmed plot for the story yet. Watch out for more updates and spoilers on the upcoming third season of ''Attack on Titan."

News
The groundbreaking BBC series that brought Jesus to TV screens
The groundbreaking BBC series that brought Jesus to TV screens

Seventy years ago, in February 1956, the BBC aired the mini-series “Jesus of Nazareth”, which was the first filming of the life of Jesus to be created for television. This is the story …

Christians mobilised to oppose extreme abortion law changes
Christians mobilised to oppose extreme abortion law changes

Christians are being asked to urge peers to support amendments tabled by Baronesses Monckton and Stroud.

Thousands of Christians return to churches in north-east Nigeria despite years of terror
Thousands of Christians return to churches in north-east Nigeria despite years of terror

The faithful are returning “in their thousands, not hundreds” despite more than a decade of brutal violence.

Trump is '100 per cent' more spiritual after assassination attempt, says pastor friend
Trump is '100 per cent' more spiritual after assassination attempt, says pastor friend

Trump's pastor and friend Mark Burns said the US President knows "the hand of God' was on him when he survived the 2024 assassination attempt.