UFC 194 rumors 2015: Jose Aldo refutes retirement rumors

Jose Aldo and Conor McGregor [photo: YouTube Screen Capture/MMAFightingonSBN]

Despite word recently that Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC 194) would probably be his last hurrah, Jose Aldo has come out in the open to shoot down the claims and says that he still has a lot of opponents to face.

Word of Aldo's possible retirement came into the picture when trainer Andy Souwer mentioned in an interview with MMA Plus that the Brazilian champion will retire after his fight with Conor McGregor.

At only 29, word of Aldo retiring at this stage did seem a bit premature. A possible win over McGregor this weekend promises to be a huge accomplishment for the man people all "Scarface," though he feels that he still has plenty to prove.

"This won't be my last fight," Aldo told UFC.com, "I think I still have other opponents to face."

Additionally, it would be wise to note that whatever happens in their match, a rematch is also likely to happen. But according to McGregor, all that depends on how the fight goes.

McGregor is pretty confident that he has the upper hand on Aldo. The Notorious has been in deep training already and so far, he has been impressive.

Aldo on the other hand has been quiet, although he does want to shut down McGregor at least for a night.

The Brazilian remains that McGregor reached this far due to his talkative nature, although it was apparent in McGregor's match at UFC 189 with Chad Mendes that he had game. And do take note that McGregor was originally set to face Aldo at the time until pulling out due to a rib injury sustained in training.

Aldo is oozing with confidence as well, seemingly ready for whatever style that McGregor plans to go at.

"If the fight stays standing, I will knock him out," he said via MMAFighting.com. "If he goes to the ground, I'll submit him. This night will be perfect, and I will win," he added.

Aldo and McGregor will get it at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas this Saturday, Dec. 12, starting at 10 p.m. EST and 7 p.m. PST.

News
New Catholic head says lessons must be learned from abuse failings
New Catholic head says lessons must be learned from abuse failings

The newly installed Archbishop of Westminster has said the Church must learn from victims of sexual abuse.

Young adults abandon marriage as pensioners overtake under-25s - report
Young adults abandon marriage as pensioners overtake under-25s - report

The institution of marriage has undergone a dramatic transformation over the past five decades - particularly among young adults.

Iconic cathedral to run truth project during Lent
Iconic cathedral to run truth project during Lent

One of England’s most well-known, historic and picturesque cathedrals has announced plans to run a Lent series looking at truth in the modern world.