Tom Hanks starts work on 'Toy Story 4'

Tom Hanks Facebook/ TomHanks

When "Toy Story 3" premiered in 2010, fans of the film franchise thought that this was the last time that they were going to see Woody (Tom Hanks), Buzz (Tim Allen) and the rest of the toys as the film's emotional ending saw a college-bound Andy giving his toys to Bonnie for her to play with. But last year, reports about a fourth "Toy Story" movie started circulating, and soon after Disney made an official announcement about the upcoming movie.

On Wednesday, Dec. 2, Hanks took to his Who Say account to give fans an update about the film. The actor posted a sped-up video which shows Hanks driving, and it was captioned, "Back to Oakland! Pixar! Working on #ToyStory4, partners! Hanx."

Last month, Hanks was a guest on British talk show "The Graham Norton Show," and the 59-year-old revealed that production is up and running on the upcoming animated film.

"We're doing that, it'll be out on 2018," he said. "We are working on it right now. I have a recording session on the second of December."

The Oscar winner recalled that at one point, a reporter caught him off-guard and asked him if there was going to be a "Toy Story 4," to which the actor replied, "Yeah! I think so!"

As a result, Hanks said that he got a warning from Disney.

"I got a call from a Disney lawyer the next day," said Hanks to Norton. "He said, 'You are contractually not allowed to discuss "Toy Story 4" it will affect the stock market price of the Disney common stock.'"

John Lasseter, who directed the first "Toy Story" films, will be returning to helm "Toy Story 4." While Allen is expected to return, it is unknown whether previous "Toy Story" characters will be featured in the upcoming movie. And though it is unconfirmed, Cinemablend reports that there is a good chance that Bonnie will be back in the fourth installment.

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.