'Green Lantern' movie reboot: Casting rumors to be addressed at San Diego Comic Con 2015?

Rumors about the "Green Lantern" movie reboot are starting to intensify as the San Diego Comic-Con 2015 draws nearer. 

Recent speculations claim that DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. will finally unveil details about the planned reboot at this year's SDCC. Some of the expected announcements include the reveal of the official cast, especially with a lot of casting rumors springing left and right. 

According to earlier reports, Tyrese Gibson is in the running to portray the role of John Stewart, the first black Green Lantern. Late last month, the R&B/ hip hop artist and actor hinted at the casting himself, posting his and actor Chris Pine's photos, both donning the signature green eye mask. 

The caption "#TheOath has been taken....." was also included in his post. 

#TheOath has been taken.....

A photo posted by TYRESE (@tyrese) on

Pine's participation in the planned reboot resurfaced this week when Birth Movies Death reported that the actor is in talks to portray the role of Hal Jordan in the upcoming Warner Bros. reboot of the "Green Lantern." However, it is said that he has also been offered to portray another DC character in another film. 

According to the report, a source said that Pine is being considered for both "Green Lantern" and the standalone "Wonder Woman" film where he will reportedly portray the role of Steve Trevor, the love interest of Gal Gadot's character Diana Prince/ Wonder Woman. 

The source also said that the actor has not yet decided which of the two DC characters he will choose to portray, and Warner Bros. would just sign him on stage during their scheduled 2015 SDCC panel presentation on Saturday at the historic Hall H of the San Diego Convention Center. 

If rumors turn out to be accurate, Pine will take over the role that was first portrayed by Ryan Reynolds when the "Green Lantern" film was first released in 2011.

The "Green Lantern" movie reboot is slated to premiere sometime in 2020.  

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.