'Dancing with the Stars' season 22 cast: Derek Hough leaving? Len Goodman to return

Len Goodman of "Dancing With the Stars" [Photo credit: Dancing With the Stars | ABC]

This week, "Dancing with the Stars" aired its season 21 finale which saw Bindi Irwin and Derek Hough win the Mirror Ball Trophy. And while the cast of the ABC show celebrated their victory, it looks like the pros and judges Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba, and Julianne Hough have another reason to be happy as Len Goodman confirmed that he will be returning to the show for its 22nd season.

Goodman made the announcement via a message from the U.K. during the finale. The 71-year-old began by saying that he has been watching the show from the U.K. and that everyone has been doing "a fantastic job."

"Now you finalists, I want you to give it your all in these last dances. As for the pros, I've got a mention for you as well. Listen up: Len is coming back next season. And I don't want any of your nonsense," he said.

Last year, Goodman announced that he won't be returning for season 21 as he wanted to spend more time with his family, and it was reported that he had scheduling conflicts with "Strictly Come Dancing," the British version of the ABC show which he also appears on. In Goodman's absence, season 20 champion Alfonso Ribeiro, former "DWTS" pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy, and Olivia Newton-John have each taken a turn at the judges' table.

Meanwhile, E! Online reports that Derek Hough has hinted that he might not be back for another season on the show. His win with Irwin marks the sixth time that he has won the Mirror Ball Trophy, and in an interview with E! the dancer said that he doesn't know if he will be back for season 22 of the dancing competition show.

"I don't know, who knows," said Derek, when asked if he will be returning for the upcoming season. "I have to say this isn't a bad way to go out."

"Dancing with the Stars" returns for its 22nd season on Monday, March 21, 2016 at 8/7c on ABC.

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.