'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' movie news: Wayne Manor abandoned, people protesting against Superman

 Warner Bros.

Weekends don't stop superheroes, production crew, fans, and speculators. In fact, all four were busy since last Friday when it was reported that Wayne Manor had been spotted.

A source tipped off Batman News and said that an abandoned mansion called Ransom Gillis House in Detroit will serve as Bruce Wayne's childhood home. It may not look much but movie-making CGI magic can almost always make things "something more" onscreen. And perhaps, it's really meant to look old and in bad repair. After all, it has been reported that the now-older Caped Crusader would much rather live in his modern cottage by the lake, right above the Batcave, thus explaining why his mansion is run-down and close to ruin.

Some movie spies have also posted some pictures taken on the Detroit set, including one that looks like a protest against the Man of Steel. Podcaster Tim Reinman tweeted that a Superman dummy was torched during the scene.

Meanwhile, Ben Affleck, who plays Batman/ Bruce Wayne in the movie, gave a few insights to Detroit Free Press during a phone interview. Although he's not allowed to speak about the superhero film, he did talk about living in Detroit. He said that he loves the city, and it has made a big impression on him.

"There are things to be discouraged by here and there are things to be inspired by here," he said. "I find it really dynamic."

Further, he remarked, "There are parts that look like Metropolis and parts that look like Gotham City."

Along with Affleck, "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" also features Henry Cavill as Superman/ Clark Kent and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman/ Diana Prince. Returning to the set are "Man of Steel" characters Lois Lane (Amy Adams), Martha Kent (Amy Adams), and Perry White (Laurence Fishburne).  Jeremy Irons and Holly Hunter will also join the cast.

The second installment in the "Superman" movie franchise is scheduled to roll out in theaters on May 25, 2016.

News
The groundbreaking BBC series that brought Jesus to TV screens
The groundbreaking BBC series that brought Jesus to TV screens

Seventy years ago, in February 1956, the BBC aired the mini-series “Jesus of Nazareth”, which was the first filming of the life of Jesus to be created for television. This is the story …

Christians mobilised to oppose extreme abortion law changes
Christians mobilised to oppose extreme abortion law changes

Christians are being asked to urge peers to support amendments tabled by Baronesses Monckton and Stroud.

Thousands of Christians return to churches in north-east Nigeria despite years of terror
Thousands of Christians return to churches in north-east Nigeria despite years of terror

The faithful are returning “in their thousands, not hundreds” despite more than a decade of brutal violence.

Trump is '100 per cent' more spiritual after assassination attempt, says pastor friend
Trump is '100 per cent' more spiritual after assassination attempt, says pastor friend

Trump's pastor and friend Mark Burns said the US President knows "the hand of God' was on him when he survived the 2024 assassination attempt.