Anaheim Ducks NHL roster news 2015: Jakob Silfverberg agreed to four-year extension contract

Forward Jakob Silfverberg with the Ottawa Senators in 2013. Wikipedia

Forward Jakob Silfverberg's patience paid off as the Anaheim Ducks announced Friday that they will be giving him a four-year extension pact that is worth $15 million which will earn him $3.75 million annually.

The deal is much lucrative than his $850,000 one-year deal with the Ducks last season.

Silfverberg tallied career-highs in the 2014–15 season, scoring 15 goals and having 26 assists in 81 regular season games and also adding 18 points, including four goals and 14 assists, in 16 playoff appearances. 

In a report by NHL.com, Silfverberg said he and his agent did not hurry in getting a new deal since they wanted to have the right contract. 

"I think both parties are really happy about the contract. I'm super-excited. It might have taken a little longer than I expected, but that's how it is," the 24-year-old athlete added. 

Silfverberg was acquired by Anaheim via a trade deal in 2013 from the Ottawa Senators. He claims that the best years of his hockey career, so far, are the two seasons that he has spent with the Ducks.

"It's easy living. I like it here and so does my fiancée. That's a good thing. We both have to feel like this is home," Silfverberg added. 

Because of his splendid performance last season especially in the second half of it and in the playoffs, Silfverberg felt like he already earned the trust of Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau. 

Silfverberg said he wants to continue with his great performance next season and hopes he will be able to accomplish that with the trust from Boudreau. 

The Ducks had a great campaign last season, reaching the playoffs and beating the Winnipeg Jets and Calgary Flames before falling to eventual Stanley Cup champions the Chicago Blackhawks in a seven-game conference final series. 

Anaheim are hoping for a better outing next season since they came up only one game short of reaching the finals. 

News
New Catholic head says lessons must be learned from abuse failings
New Catholic head says lessons must be learned from abuse failings

The newly installed Archbishop of Westminster has said the Church must learn from victims of sexual abuse.

Young adults abandon marriage as pensioners overtake under-25s - report
Young adults abandon marriage as pensioners overtake under-25s - report

The institution of marriage has undergone a dramatic transformation over the past five decades - particularly among young adults.

Iconic cathedral to run truth project during Lent
Iconic cathedral to run truth project during Lent

One of England’s most well-known, historic and picturesque cathedrals has announced plans to run a Lent series looking at truth in the modern world.